Order Management Analyst
Customer Order Management Analysts are the primary point of contact for CHEP customers regarding supply chain efficiency within the framework of daily and short-term execution. Responsible for maximizing the customer experience through ensuring adequate inventory of ready-to-use platforms and identifying supply chain opportunities in close collaboration with both internal and external customers. This role requires a high level of expertise in relating to customers in a consultative capacity to proactively seek the best customer experience, as well as an ability to expertly manage internal business relationships and transportation vendors.
- Lead the regular management of top tier customer inventory and fulfillment in close collaboration with customers, vendors, and internal business partners
- Leverage trend analysis to anticipate customer needs and proactively service
- Secure business success and sustainable growth by recognition, reconciliation, and communication of any potential supply chain and/or order fulfillment conflicts affecting the customer
- Support supply chain collaboration opportunities by matching customer operating strategies to CHEP’s service offerings
- Identify and resolve order fulfillment risks including, but not limited to operational and inventory constraints, seasonal or promotional production variation, and transporter capacity to meet customer demand.
- Execute strategic logistical and equipment inventory controls through collaborative planning with customers. Drive innovation and continuous improvement to both internal and external supply chain partners
- Develop and leverage strategic relationships with customers and vendors to maximize both owned and leased asset utilization and performance
- Interfacing with both customers and carriers to ensure compliance and performance to maximize asset productivity
- Work cross-functionally to identify and analyze issue root causes and ensure resolution plans are executed to drive supply chain excellence. Develop cross functional relationship to help deliver consistent message to the customer on the CHEP customer value program
- Partner with Business Analytics and Supply Chain teams to develop metrics and tools that drive predictive inventory model changes.
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) or Collaborative Planning Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) customers, utilize the VMI/CPFR system (or similar software) to analyze customer inventory and sales forecasts (including promotional demand) in order to develop, generate, and manage replenishment shipments for customers.
- On Time Performance for Customer Facing Relocations
- Order Fulfilment Metrics: Demand Accuracy – cancellation and emergency rate reduction, Critcal Incident Rate, Trailer Dwell, Set Pool Compliance
- Transportation Metrics: Trailer Cost Per Load Reduction (TCPL), Driver Utilization, Empty Mile Reduction, Trailer to Load Ratio (TLR)Booked Not Shipped/Booked Not Received
Authority/ Decision Making
- Daily decision making through analysis of customer demand adjustments
- Working autonomously to manage assigned account base in a matrix environment
- Customer problem resolution
- Knowledge of Excel, Windows
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 2+ years of relevant experience
Experience in the following areas:
- Sales Force
- 1 year experience in customer service, account management, logistics, operations and or transportation
Skills and Knowledge
Technical Skill Requirements: Good understanding of customer account management, warehouse and transportation procedures/operations, strong problem solving, organization, quality decision-making, communication, and time management skills.
Computer System/Skill Requirements: Strong Microsoft office skills required (PPT, Excel, Access). Knowledge of SAP, LEAN TMS, Six Sigma/Lean methodologies, and Sales Force systems preferred.