Senior Analyst - Retail Finance
As Senior Finance Analyst, your key function will be to provide financial support to the Asset Productivity Program, assist the finance leadership and business partners in performing strategic and financial analysis, and provide insights to maximize capital invested and drive reduction of costs. This role has direct exposure to senior finance leadership within CHEP North America.
- Performs analytics and delivers insights to support strategic and operational decision making and in doing so, influence improved business performance and capital allocation decisions.
- Supports annual business plan, monthly forecasting routines, and tracking of risk and opportunities.
- Leads the creation and adoption of financial models.
- Performs profitability and cost to serve analysis.
- Leads performance management routines.
- Prepares key financial presentations for senior management including budget/strategic plan presentations, financial updates for partner meetings, and tracking of financial metrics.
- Collaborates across business functions in identifying opportunities to increase revenue, maximize utilization of capital assets, and reduce costs.
- Provides financial support to project teams from ideation to implementation, and monitoring of results.
- Drives the adoption and implementation of reporting best practices using business intelligence and data visualization tools.
- Identifies and explains the levers and drivers that will be used to deliver the strategic objectives for Asset Productivity and Finance Strategy.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders in different functions, including Regional Leadership team and Regional CFO.
- Supports on ad-hoc financial analyses and projects as required.
- Serves as backup to the Strategy and Asset Management Finance Team
- The quality and effectiveness of strategic and operational decision support provided will be measured by the year on year and cumulative revenue growth for the region and improvement in profitability metrics (ROCI, ULP, CAPEX/Sales).
- The financial impact of strategic business initiatives identified to drive performance and achieve budgeted commitments.
- The quality of insight and commentary on the financial results and performance.
- Ability to work across different time zones and cultures both within Finance and across the Business
- Navigating the complexity of working in a matrix structure
- Finance Business Partners (including Regional CFO’s)
- Global/ Regional FP&A
- Global/ Regional Commercial & Supply Chain / Local Commercial
- Regional Controllership/GFS
- Country General Managers
- Functional leadership teams (sales and supply chain)
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting or in a relevant finance technical discipline
- Desirable: MBA or Master’s Degree (e.g. Finance, Business Administration, Accounting)
- 5 years of Finance analysis experience preferably in complex multinational businesses within Finance roles
- Experience with Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required in addition to proficiency in data analytics tools such as Power BI/ Tableau.
- Building and preparation of scorecards, dashboards and performance management reporting desirable.
- Familiarity with Financial Statements and Key Financial Metrics.
- Demonstrated comfort with presenting analysis output to executive levels of the organization.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Effective in managing cross functional stakeholders and competing priorities across an entire organization, including senior leaders.
- Solid understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts.
- Understanding of CHEP business and flows preferred.
- Prior business consulting or business transformation background preferred.
- Well-developed use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience and proficiency with financial and/or business intelligence tools. Examples include (but not limited to): SAP/Business Warehouse, Power BI, Tableau, SQL