TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST (HYBRID)
The Talent Acquisition Specialist strategically and proactively sources passive and active candidates to build and maintain a quality talent pipeline for current and future workforce needs. Understands external labor market conditions and leverages effective, economical, and appropriate sources/channels and methods. Promotes LYNX in the community and online (networking, job fairs, social media etc.). Partners with hiring managers to identify recruitment needs and develop recruitment strategies and initiatives to attract the best talent for the organization. Provides consultation and recruitment expertise, identifies and attracts qualified candidates, and prepares and extends job offers while ensuring alignment and compliance with LYNX policies as well as all local, state, and federal law. Effectively administers the interviewing and onboarding process to ensure a positive new hire experience. This position plays a key role in maintaining a high level of quality of HR services
The value you’ll bring to LYNX and the HR Team:
- Manages all aspects of the full cycle recruitment and hiring process for all successful candidates. Ensures that the recruiting team stays engaged with applicants and passive talent, and keeps an eye on market trends, stats and talent gaps. Ensures compliance with the laws and regulations as it relates to online sourcing, staffing and hiring practices.
- Ensures quality candidates are sourced within the specified time frame. Manages a pipeline of candidates by continuously developing networks and partnerships. Manages, develops, executes, and monitors online candidate search campaigns using a variety of internet search engines as a delivery vehicle for producing quality candidates.
- Works collaboratively with Marking and Communications, and other stakeholders, to develop materials that will enhance and maximize recruiting efforts.
- Utilizes data and analytics to develop a focused strategic plan to recruit and hire talented and diverse employees. Develops programs, initiatives and processes to implement talent retention strategies.
- In collaboration with the DEI/Civil Rights Compliance Administrator, identifies and establishes recruitment networks to identify diverse candidates.
- Creates monthly new hire statistical report including analysis of hiring activity including but not limited to: number of applicants, job postings, interview panel updates, etc.
- Responsible for continually improving LYNX’s hiring process to ensure a streamlined and efficient process.
- Ensures that internal applicants are informed of hiring decisions based on decision of hiring manager.
- Contacts applicants to inform them of employment possibilities, consideration, and selection and manages the candidates from interest through application.
- Interviews and evaluates candidates to determine qualifications as compared to hiring and job specifications by both phone and "in-person" interviews and follows up with candidates, and hiring managers as needed.
- Conducts regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Advises managers and employees on staffing policies, procedures, pre-employment and onboarding process.
- Composes and extends the formal offer letter of employment, hires applicants through ATS and ensures new hire paperwork, background checks, system access and proper approvals are completed for on boarding.
- Proctors assessments as needed.
- Assists with college and trade school recruiting initiatives by partnering in building college, trade, and technical school recruiting strategies. Engages students through job fairs, information sessions, case studies, campus organizations, etc. and streamlines on-campus and on-site interview, selection, and offer processes.
- Attends recruiting events (e.g. career fairs, job fairs, informational sessions, etc.).
- Works in a team-oriented environment and provides support to the department through a strong work ethic, sense of commitment, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Provides supervision to assigned administrative support staff.
- Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
The expertise and experience you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in Human Resources or a related field plus three years of HR experience including full-cycle recruiting both professional exempt and non-exempt white and blue-collar workers.
- Additional talent acquisition/full-cycle recruiting experience beyond the minimum requirement may substitute for the required education on the ratio of one year of experience for each year of education
- Experience with college recruiting and workforce planning
- Experience in social media and digital advertising
- SHRM-CP/PHR or other HR related designation
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA) as related to application and hiring.
- Thorough understanding of State, Federal, and local employment laws.
- Strong understanding of staffing principles, laws, and procedures and a solid working knowledge of recruitment/employment programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, and experience in online/social media recruiting.
- Proven ability to communicate and effectively “sell” an organization’s value proposition.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of recruitment and selection in the public sector.
- Skilled in interviewing techniques and recruitment processes.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and related software applications, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports, organize projects, work schedules, and assignments.
- Ability to research information, analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those encountered in the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Salary Range: $52,839 - $70,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
FREE employee only health insurance
Dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance available
Paid vacation and sick leave
FREE LYNX bus transportation for employee, spouse and children
Employee wellness center
Employee Assistance Program
Credit union membership
FREE SunRail transportation to/from work
Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer under the U.S. Department of Education’s PSLF program
To view a complete list of benefits, visit golynx.com/careers and select benefits.
LYNX fully commits itself to providing equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.