Human Resource Generalist
The Human Resource Generalist will assist and be responsible for daily activities of the Human Resource (HR) department including but not limited to, hiring, interviewing, FMLA, STD, LTD, LOA leaves, new hire orientation, terminations, unemployment, and assists with enforcing company policies and practices.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
• Assists with recruiting, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Conducts or acquires background checks, motor vehicle, and employee eligibility verifications.
• Responsible for continued follow up on immigration documentation ensuring compliance with federal law.
• Facilitates new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Administers employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; and all Safety related information, reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, compliance, and employment law.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Attends job fairs, career fairs, high school & college recruiting events. Required Skills/Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics a plus
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s Mission, departmental functions, talent management, and HRIS systems. Education and Experience:
• GED Required • Associates Degree preferred in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred
• At least one year of human resource management experience preferred in multiple areas of HR. • PHR or SHRM-CP a plus.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to walk, sit, stand, use hands and fingers for computer, calculator, and writing
• Verbal communication, listening, use of telephone, operating a xerox copy/scan machine,
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds at times.
• Must be able to access, navigate, and visit all departments at the organization’s facilities and off site locations.
• Normal office atmosphere, heated and cooled.