Staff Accountant - Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando LBV South
Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Orlando, Florida
The Embassy Suites - Orlando Lake Buena Vista South is currently accepting applications for Staff Accountant.
As a Staff Accountant, you will supervise the Accounting functions within the Finance department by overseeing the development and processes of accurate reports and account management. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure the accuracy of all department processes to the various accounts
- Completion of daily revenue reports
- Process credit applications
- Monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Assist in Accounts Receivable and Payables when required
- Involved in the month end closing procedures
- Manage all account queries and disputes
- Balance accounts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Development of the Finance Team and other roles that may interact with financial processes to help provide the hotel with a multi-skilled Team
- Build accurate financial reports and identify discrepancies clearly
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Director of Finance, Assistant Director of Finance and/or General Manager
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience within a hotel environment
- Experience with Hilton systems a plus, including OnQ Management System and Delphi.
- Experience with Great Plains (accounting system) and Prophix (report writer), a plus.
- Keep confidential the business functions of the company including, but not limited to, financial status, customer/guest information, employee issues, etc.
- Must be computer literate, have attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to report to scheduled shifts.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing, by telephone and in person.