The starting pay rate for this role is $15.50.
- Communicate with Buyers, Costumers, Managers and Technical Designers
- Document incoming order supplies and label them for the corresponding orders
- Document supplies for multiple orders and track incoming and outgoing
- Create swatch cards for documentation purposes
- Provide production partners with needed samples
- Create labels using Bartender barcode software
- Hand sewing on very heavy character and entertainment costumes
- Work for extended periods of high activity including jobs that may include repetitive activity such as hand, wrist and arm movements
- Frequent overhead reaching to place/retrieve items on shelves
- Work in varying temperatures and high lint areas
- Work around all types of fibers, manmade or natural
- Work with a variety of high powered industrial sewing machines, press equipment and tools
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- May need to satisfactorily pass a sewing and pattern assessment
- Knowledge of fabrics, costume construction materials, sewing equipment and supplies
- Written, verbal communication skills
- Comfortable collaborating with all levels of Cast Members
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting (including overheard), pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, and kneeling
- Prolonged standing and walking during peak operational hours
- Heavy lifting up to 20 lbs
- Comfortable working in an area where you may be exposed to performers in various stages of dress/undress
- Willing to work at different heights
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Three (3) years' experience in garment construction or Entertainment Costuming
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, Costuming WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.