Marketing Proposal Specialist
The Marketing Proposal Specialist will serve as a key member of the Marketing Team responsible for the preparation of proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials for each of the firm’s sectors of work (Aviation, Transportation, Development, Facilities). This individual will work with each of the firm’s offices throughout Florida, Alabama, and North Carolina, and will be expected to manage a variety of proposals and presentations throughout the entire life cycle of the proposal process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (may include but are not limited to):
- Respond to Private and Federal, State, and Local/Municipal Government proposal requirements for a wide range of consulting engineering services.
- Assemble and prepare proposals and presentations for selected projects and contracts.
- Collaborate and work closely with Principals, Project Managers, Graphic Designers, and Senior Marketing Staff on proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials.
- Promote AVCON’s brand and mission through compelling content, storytelling, designated themes, and custom messaging.
- Utilize and maintain/update Client Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Manage and maintain/update company marketing materials.
- Participate in various community functions, pre-proposal meetings, trade shows, and special events as needed.
- Provide support for special projects / marketing campaigns as needed and participate in marketing-related task forces and committees (internal and external) as available.
- Provide public relations, special events management, and advertising to maintain firm brand awareness.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little or no advanced notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Journalism, Communication, English or related field, preferred.
- 0-4+ years of experience with writing/content creation; A/E/C industry experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and other relevant graphic applications.
- Previous experience with CRM software (Deltek Vision and/or Vantagepoint, Cosential/Unanet), preferred.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication, editing and proofreading skills.
- Attention to detail and understanding of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Strong organization and effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently and accurately, meeting deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS
- Ability to produce accurate, compliant, and compelling work (independently or with others).
- Ability to work on multiple assignments/deadlines while maintaining a high level of precision.
- Ability to contribute creative/strategic insight while participating in brainstorming and strategy development.
- Ability to utilize a theme-based approach when developing proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials.
- Ability to maintain good working relations with AVCON employees at all organizational levels.
- Valid drivers’ license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Founded in 1988, AVCON, INC. (AVCON) is a Florida-based, full-service engineering and planning firm specializing in transportation, facilities, development, and aviation projects. As a growing firm, AVCON continually looks for talented engineers in the civil, structural, electrical, and mechanical disciplines. AVCON has a staff of over 80 professionals and is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with regional offices in Niceville, Florida and Charlotte, North Carolina. AVCON has been ranked as one of Central Florida’s largest engineering firms by the Orlando Business Journal consecutively since 2007.
AVCON’s projects include facility master plans; pavement evaluation and design; power distribution, building lighting, and electrical systems design; security and low-voltage electrical design; airfield lighting and navigational aids evaluation and design; airport hangar and terminal developments; traffic assessments and roadway design; utility coordination and design; drainage and stormwater improvements; residential and commercial site planning and design; HVAC, pluming, and fire protection design; and structural inspections and design.
AVCON prides itself on partnering with clients, colleagues, and peers in Transforming Today’s Ideas into Tomorrow’s Reality.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AVCON, INC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AVCON complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
AVCON expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AVCON’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.