Social Media Manager
3 days left
- Education / Training
In the spirit of “Making Dreams Come True,” a Social Media Manager works on-site to help drive & reinforce The Villages Brand across various social media platforms. They create compelling posts, recommend original content, suggest creative ways to attract more prospective residents, grow followers, increase engagement, implement and maintain social media initiatives, all while supporting the greater marketing goals and objectives of The Villages as a whole. This role helps manage and assign responsibilities to our Social Media Coordinators and collaborates with many members of our marketing team to promote our brand. They are a vital member of our on-site Marketing Team.
- Work with the Marketing Leadership Team including Digital Marketing Director(s) to launch resident engagement campaigns
- Suggest new ways to attract additional followers and prospective residents
- Partner with Digital Marketing Director(s) to create and manage monthly editorial calendar(s)
- Use Social Media platforms to schedule editorial calendar and posts
- Manage and assign weekly content creation tasks to Social Media Coordinator(s) and other members of the Social Media Team
- Collaborate with the Creative Team to develop compelling text, image and video content in alignment with The Villages voice and brand to inspire, inform and/or entertain
- Assist in writing copy for social media platforms as needed
- Design posts to sustain readers' curiosity and create a buzz around new initiatives
- Use project management software to create and track social media initiatives
- Moderate and facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries in a friendly & timely manner
- Measure, track and report the success of social media campaigns
- Stay up to date with changes on all social platforms; ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Monitor performance for continuous improvement and/or adjustments to our active social strategies
- Understand resident audiences and current social trends
- Follow other brands on social media to be aware of industry trends and best practices
- Share social media trends and best practices for developing content specifically for social media in a collaborative manner with the Creative and Social Media Teams
- Act as coach, mentoring Social Media Coordinators one on one; helping them excel in their positions and beyond with the use of goal setting, evaluations and professional development tools
- Participate in work related duties similar to fellow Social Media Coordinators on an as need basis
- Utilize office computer and office equipment (copier, scanner, etc.) along with a host of other software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite, social Media applications (ex: Hootsuite/Sprout Social), Workfront and subsequent project management tools
- Drive to various locations for social media assignments and events; using one's own vehicle or company golf cars
- Attend special meetings, educational sessions and assist leadership in ongoing training of team members as asked
- Other duties as assigned - specific to particular role focus or departmental needs
- Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Marketing, Communications or related field and a minimum of 4 years direct experience in social media on behalf of a brand or a combination of 8 years education and experience.
- Strong in social media copywriting, with great attention to detail required.
- Solid understanding of web and social media analytics to include proficiency in Google Analytics and related social media tools (ex: Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.) needed.
- Excellent time management and organization skills a must.
- The ideal candidate is someone who is unafraid to think differently, always going the extra mile, and keeps current on the latest trends in a multi-faceted environment.
Benefits for Full-Time Eligible positions:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance | Basic Life & AD&D | Voluntary Life Insurance | HSA/FSA & 401k | PTO & Paid Holiday | The Villages® Charter School eligibility | and much more!