Unleash YOUR Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institute, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world’s most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you’ll play an integral role in pushing us forward to become among the most impactful universities in the country. You’ll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck. We’re seeking qualified, motivated individuals who will help UCF fulfill its mission in unleashing the potential of every individual, enriching the human experience through inclusion, discovery, and innovation; and propelling broad-based prosperity for the many communities we serve.The Opportunity: UCF Human Resources seeks an experienced Director, Payroll to join their team! This position is responsible for overseeing the Payroll section of Human Resources and provides direction and supervision for a team with responsibility over payroll, time and labor, taxation, reconciliation and record retention requirements to ensure all university employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner and by facilitating payments to payroll vendors for employee benefit and tax deductions. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the daily operations, services and overall staff performance of Payroll Services.
- Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 6.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Collaborates with central HR and partners in the administration and interpretation of state and federal laws, State University System (SUS) and UCF regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interpreting and proposing policies to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining compliance with university regulations, policies, and procedures
- Establishing and managing departmental goals and objectives, including strategic imperatives and SACS initiatives. Allocates resources to achieve objectives in alignment with established initiatives.
- Ensures that the payroll has been confirmed, benefit and payroll vendors accounts payable transactions in UCF/HR software applications for HR data have been processed (to include garnishments), and tax payments have been scheduled and remitted.
- Supports submission of 941 Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return, UCT-6 Unemployment Compensation Tax, Multiple Worksite Report, Florida New Hire File, and information provided to other departments for their completion of the Internal Revenue Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax 990 form.
- Supports year-end/year-begin and the distribution of Form W-2 and/or Form 1042-S to all university employees who received compensation during the calendar year. Ensure submission of the electronic files to the Social Security Administration and Internal Revenue Service by the prescribed deadlines.
- Certified Payroll Professional Certification
- Higher Education Experience
- Knowledge of applicable payroll-related state and federal laws as well as tax laws
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge/understanding of payroll/time-keeping systems
- Excellent collaboration with ability to effectively communicate (written and verbally) with cross-functional business partners, internal/external stakeholders, and various levels of management
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles and practices to strategically align tasks and people with organizational goals
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Benefit packages, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
- Retirement savings options
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando attractions
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
- And more…For more benefits information, go to www.hr.ucf.edu