New Patient Specialist
Title: New Patient Specialist (Floater)
About The Villages Health
The Villages Health is a patient-centered primary care driven, community-based medical group with over 600 teammates. Our unique care model gives us both the time and resources to truly care for our patients, along with a company culture that supports a healthy work-life balance for our team members. Our purpose, mission and vision is to empower Villagers and the surrounding communities to live out their dreams by keeping them healthy and healing them quickly. Together, we are changing the way healthcare is delivered and are making a positive difference in the lives of our patients and the communities we serve. In doing so, The Villages Health is creating America's Healthiest Hometown.
Our Full-time Benefits
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans | Matching HSA & 401k | PTO & Paid Holidays | The Villages Charter School Eligibility | & much more!
Please bring your resume and join us:
- Friday, December 16th from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM at Lake Deaton Care Center (779 Kristine Way, The Villages FL 32163) – RSVPs are encouraged through Eventbrite at https://bit.ly/3MIetgV
- Be an expert of The Villages Health brand, care model and the new patient experience.
- Represent The Villages Health at community events to attract new patients when needed.
- Follow up on warm leads generated by the marketing department, community relations team, call center and walk-ins.
- Meet potential new patients at our care centers and give them a tour of the facility.
- Build relationships with insurance agent partners to increase sales incrementally.
- Build rapport with potential new patients and educate them about The Villages Health experience, accepted insurances and new patient process.
- Answer important new patient questions and/or determine the best next steps and resources to serve their needs.
- Accurately verify insurance through various TVH resources.
- Assist new patients in scheduling a course or tour, selecting a provider, or booking new patient appointments.
- Build relationships with insurance agents in the Health Insurance Resource Centers and follow best practices for serving new patient needs.
- Write and send direct mail letters and/or greeting cards to follow up with new patients and ensure a positive new patient experience.
- Conduct Medicare Classes throughout the year and track results as needed.
- Solicit positive patient testimonials and online reviews to boost reputation.
- Track and report new patient tours, learning class attendance and encounters in a customer relationship management tool.
- Monitor the patient capitation list, crosscheck new patient reports, reach out to termed patients, document reasons for termination and other important metrics. Send retention letters and withdrawal letters when applicable. Use sales skills to win back patients.
- Identify existing patients in Medicare special enrollment periods, such as our age-in population in the Initial Enrollment Period and reach out to ensure a positive transition experience.
- Provide support to other NPSs, PSRs, and volunteer for special projects and participate in meetings.
- Other duties as assigned to support the sales and marketing team.
- Adhere to compliance and HIPPA regulations.
- Report to the Manager of Sales and Marketing
- Responsible for maintaining patient interactions on the CRM.
- High school diploma
- Associate degree preferred
- 2 years sales or relevant experience; health care industry experience a plus
- Experience in a medical office or primary care office is ideal
- Knowledge of Medicare insurance preferred
- Passion for patient service
- High drive to achieve sales results
- Knowledge of health care field, specifically Medicare and Medicare Advantage.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations related to patient information.
Location site: Varies (Floater)
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com