Manager, Marketing – Segment Strategy – Products
Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You'll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the oversight of the Sr. Manager, Segment Strategy-Products; assists in leading the development of all assigned theme park attraction launches, marquee events, and add-on experiences with marketing input that supports the broader short and long-term marketing strategy for Universal Orlando. Partners collaboratively in developing marketing plans designed to appeal to targeted audiences, engage those audiences, induce trial by those audiences and compel repeat visitation from those audiences as loyal guests.
Helps develop new product/services ideas and enhancements to exceed consumer expectations and differentiate the Universal Orlando brand. Leverages research data and conducts insightful analysis to influence Universal Orlando leadership to new levels of growth and/or profitability. May also be assigned to serve as the Marketing Owner/Lead of a cross-functional Agile team dedicated to the execution of operational updates and key creative support for Universal Orlando Resort.
- Destination Support – Business Performance: Responsible for maximizing attendance, APV, and repeat visitation through fact-based analytics. Meet/exceed performance goals for theme park initiatives. Continuously improve performance of existing initiatives.
- Implementation Leadership: Collaborate by seeking and leveraging partner input in the development of strategic direction for theme park initiatives. Ensure alignment with Segment leaders, Cross Functional Segment Experiences Team, Insights, Licensed Partners, Product Development and Pricing. Ensures flawless go to market execution of all assigned initiatives. Marketing point of contact for key partners: Operations, Revenue Operations, Entertainment, Universal Creative and Human Resources. Proactively publish performance “Points of View” and proactive course correction recommendations as necessary. Expected to proactively and continuously drive efficiency and productivity improvements in the product marketing workflow process. May also be responsible for leading self-directed agile cross functional team responsible for making all operationally required changes to existing Marketing and Sales creative. May be assigned to lead direct reports, contract employees, and/or interns in the future based on business needs.
- Destination Support – Development: Identify new concepts to drive sales and/or profitability growth. Provide POV on new attraction, event, and add-on experience opportunities for marketability, guest appeal, and park brand fit.
- Destination Support – Brand Strategy and Planning: Establish Universal theme parks as can't miss destination experiences with a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace. Ensure all communications are consistent with the Universal brand. Provides annual planning input as subject matter product expert. May also be responsible for resort-wide communications strategy, product messaging hierarchy and multi-park messaging.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree Marketing or Communications required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive brand management and/or marketing experience
- Proven team/consensus building skills
- Record of exceeding targets/objectives.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills.
- Strong critical decision-making and communication skills.
- Demonstrated translation of data into implication and implication into strategy.
- Strong understanding of consumer and brand research.
- Cross-functional leadership expertise in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Self-starter with ability to maintain poise when dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively improve processes and procedures.
- Experience presenting to and working with executives.
- Expertise in developing cohesive, engaging, concise, fact-based presentations.
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience.
- Customer Insight, Retention & Loyalty, Integrated Marketing Communications.
- Marketing analytics development and reporting.
- Experience/understanding of agile methodology.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE