Senior Data Scientist, Audience Data Science (Marketing Analytics)
JOB SUMMARY: Design, develop and evaluate advanced predictive and machine learning models with a focus on the personalization and optimization of marketing tactics. Analyze and extract relevant information about guest behaviors and preferences from both structured and unstructured data to better understand marketing opportunities. Help define and optimize segmentation strategy using a variety of techniques, ranging from statistical analysis to complex data mining and modeling. Conduct advanced analysis on various marketing efforts to gauge performance, impact and effectiveness against the desired results. Deliver clear and compelling findings with data visualization tools and presentations that inform and inspire internal stakeholders to make better business decisions. Collaborate with colleagues in Marketing Operations and IT to infuse predictive analytics into customer touchpoints, driving increased relevance and business performance.
Marketing Strategy and Insights
- Engage with internal partners to translate business problems into a framework for advanced analysis and collaborate to establish project goals and deliverables.
- Use advanced analytics approaches for attribution to support the marketing optimization of paid, owned and earned media to drive actionable media insights across key business areas for point of origin, campaigns, destinations, attractions and events.
- Leverage top down marketing mix modeling results, bottom up attribution and consumer and marketing insights in order to provide strategic recommendations.
- Provide strategic guidance in working alongside the technology department in defining business requirements and enabling the data processing system for modeling.
- Visualize media performance and attribution results in an interactive dashboard.
Personalization and Audience Strategy
- Develops segmentation, propensity and look-a-like modeling of individuals across known, identified and anonymous audiences
- Create the analytics to leverage known, inferred and appended information about individuals to facilitate the right content, at the right time, across a guest's planning, shopping, fulfillment and on-property experience.
- Create a comprehensive understanding of consumer behaviors that drives audience strategy, improves the customer experience and generates revenue
- Define and produce deliverables that identify opportunities to shape consumer experiences that inform and inspire internal stakeholders and decision makers.
Team Development and Mentoring
- Mentor direct reports on a weekly basis to guide them on performance, and personal and career growth.
- Conduct monthly / quarterly / annual planning with team to ensure team objectives align and support broader business objectives.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This role is responsible for the design and management of modeling practices and segmentation that incorporate demographic and behavioral data from CRM systems, online tracking data and 3rd party enhanced data, in partnership with internal marketing teams, to enhance understanding and increase value by application of actionable segmentation and models.
EDUCATION: Master's degree required – Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Analytics or Data Science
EXPERIENCE: 7+ years' prior hands-on experience in data science. Strong experience in programming with statistical modeling tools to fuel and deliver marketing personalization and business insights. Strong experience in manipulating and mining data to transform business decisions that impact the bottom line. Experience leveraging visual analytics to create a seamless and inspirational story that inspire and inform business leaders with the necessary knowledge to drive revenue and customer loyalty.
Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience
- Marketing Personalization
- Marketing Mix Models, attribution, forecasting, and market testing
- Digital Marketing & Analytics
- Business Intelligence Reporting
- CRM Execution
- Consumer Research and Journey
- Consumer Data
- Competitive Analysis
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE