- Rollins College
- Winter Park, Florida
- Jan 31, 2023
- Feb 27, 2023
- Administrative, Clerical, Customer Service
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
• Paid Every 2 Weeks (direct deposit)
• 15 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
• 10 Days - Paid Holidays
• 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
• Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
• 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
• 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• Domestic Partner Benefits
• 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
• Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
• FREE On-Campus Parking
• FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
• FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
• Pet Insurance
• 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
• Plus More!
• Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
• FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
• IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
• College Bookstore Discounts
• Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
• Plus More!
Rollins College offers a competitive hourly rate, along with our generous benefits package!
The https://www.rollins.edu/post-office/index.html is seeking a service-oriented Postal Clerk to join their team! The Rollins College Post Office is located in the heart of the campus, on the bottom floor of the Cornell Campus Center. Here, students can retrieve their mail from the pickup window, and pick up packages.
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail and packages from U.S. Post Office and other Carriers in a quick and efficient manner utilizing our parcel locker system within the Campus Center.
• Maintains the scanning, storing and distribution of student packages and letter mail. Prepares statistical reports as needed.
• Collects, weighs, determines proper classification and affixes postage to outgoing mail, utilizing electronic automated mail processing equipment.
• Prepares parcels for mailing or shipping, utilizing Quadiant mail processing equipment.
• Staffs service window.
• Completes daily and end-of-month reconciliation reports.
• Initiates payment of post office expenses using direct pay request or p-card and reconciles p-card in a timely manner.
• Assists Supervisor with management of postal accounts to include postage due, business reply, express mail, bulk mail and Quadiant reserve account.
• Assists Supervisor with educating Departments on most efficient and cost-effective method for bulk mailings.
• Works with Supervisor to manage student workers.
• Manages Banner Argos reporting tool for mail forwarding and return-to-sender services.
• Works with Banner Argos reporting tool for detailed post office budget report. Assists Supervisor with review of revenue and expenses to ensure accuracy of budget. Monitors and compares actual budget to projection, and alerts Supervisor of variance.
• Operates and manages minor repairs on Quadiant electronic mailing machines.
• Works cooperatively with other postal staff on joint assignments, shares information and assists co-workers in the timely and accurate accomplishment of all departmental operations.
• Assists in Central Receiving as needed.
Qualifications & Education:
• High school education required.
• Valid Florida driver's license and https://www.rollins.edu/human-resources/documents/additional/motor-vehicle-reporting-guidelines.pdf to operate college vehicles required.
• Ability to operate software programs including using computer spreadsheets.
• Ability to sort and distribute mail accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to operate cash register properly.
• Posses math skills sufficient to perform basic accounting functions.
• Must be able to work with in an environment with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Demonstrates cross-cultural awareness and communication skills to maximize effective collaboration across diverse groups on-campus.
• Modeling and delivering Rollins' service philosophy through competent, collaborative, responsive and respectful service to others.
• Demonstrates ability to work professionally with staff, faculty, students and external constituents at all levels.
• Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction.
• Demonstrates ability to use tact and good judgment in resolving work problems.
• Demonstrates ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities without loss of composure.
• Demonstrates ability to balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
• Demonstrates ability to determine the appropriate allocation of time to complete tasks and projects.
• Demonstrates proficiency to quickly adapt to workplace changes and learn new skills (i.e. technology, processes, tasks, projects, etc...)
• One to two years of job related mail/post/service-center experience.
• Work experience with Excel and/or Access database.
The Postal Clerk will be scheduled to work 7.5 hours/day, 37.5 hours per week. The schedule for this role is:
• Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm (with a 1/2 hour paid lunch)
*Works weekends and overtime may be required as needed by the Manager (i.e. Student Move-In).
• Works on-campus in a post office environment. (If tasked to assist in Central Receiving, this is a conditioned warehouse environment with outdoor access.)
• Requires physical strain, including lifting heavy objects and standing for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50-pound packages.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
About Rollins College:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click https://www.rollins.edu/about-rollins/diversity-inclusion/index.html.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience. https://www.rollins.edu/service-excellence/index.html to learn more about our commitment to Service Excellence at Rollins College.