Turf Equipment Mechanic
- Evermore Resort
- Orlando, Florida
- Feb 07, 2023
- Apr 08, 2023
- Facilities / Maintenance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Evermore Orlando Resort is an innovative 1,100-acre resort adjacent to Walt Disney World® featuring centrally owned upscale and upsized vacation rental homes, flats & villas, a luxury Conrad hotel, 36 holes of world-class Jack Nicklaus golf, and a massive 20-acre tropical beach complex around Evermore Bay, our 8-acre crystalline water amenity by Crystal Lagoons®. The surrounding beach areas feature zero-entry swim areas, bars, cabanas, private firepits, a lively food hall & gourmet market, a casual dining restaurant, and an event Boathouse that will provide a picture-perfect backdrop for weddings, banquets, and corporate meetings. Evermore is building a team that will bring these experiences to life in 2023 and is seeking individuals that want the challenge of building this exciting resort experience.
- Interact with golfers, answer questions and provide directions
- Perform repairs and maintenance to small tools such as edgers and blowers Grind, sharpen and height adjust mowing reels Provide maintenance to gasoline and diesel powered equipment including oil changes and lubrication Inspect and adjust machines before and after every use Inspect golf carts on a routine basis for preventative maintenance Maintain a daily performance log of issues and repairs
- Order parts and maintain inventories
- Recycle and / or dispose of oils and other fluids per operating standards
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Utilize electric cart, gator and / or motorized vehicle
- Keep current with chemical labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Keep storage area clean, organized and stocked
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures
- Report maintenance defects to Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a golf equipment technician
- Experience with reel grinding and set up preferred.
- Proficient in gas, diesel, small engine, hydraulics and electrical repair
- Understanding of the basic principles of golf
- Ability to interact with guests utilizing conversational English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of performing role in a busy work environment
- Capable of working scheduled hours, including weekdays, weekends, nights and holidays
- Proficient in reading safety procedures and operating guidelines / instructions in English
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, and / or reach repeatedly
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds and carry, pull, and push heavy objects and materials
- Able to be on feet and moving around for entire shift
- Subject to environmental conditions, work activities can occur inside and outside
- Ability to see, hear, smell and have manual dexterity to utilize tools to repair all equipment
Our Work Culture
Our team is impassioned to master group gatherings in Orlando and aims to inspire guest confidence in the vacation rental experience and goes the extra mile to make the process of planning big trips “easy on purpose”. We’re building a brand-new hospitality asset class in Orlando and seek those that feel at home in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a curiosity to seek and deliver outstanding service with a good sense of humor to enjoy the process. We seek quality team members who will demonstrate what it means to be a good neighbor to both our guests and other associates. We offer an inclusive, team-oriented work environment and are working to build the most professional hospitality team in the industry. We are seeking team members to apply for this role who will be proud to be a part of our resort and the Evermore experience.
We are an innovative workplace; seeking great people like you!!
If you are naturally: Neighborly, Appreciative, Kind, Honest, Humble, Authentic, Curious, Savvy, Spirited, and inspired by a work environment that is: Inclusive, Professional, Warm, Sense of Pride, and Team Oriented our work culture is a match for you. In return, we offer our Team Members competitive pay, FREE, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Wellness program. Additionally, affordable health benefits coverage for your dependents, a Retirement plan with employer match, a robust paid time off policy, and unique policies in support of our team and significant relationships in their lives. Ready to join us? We can’t wait to meet you!