- Ardan, Inc
- Maitland, Florida (US)
- $55,000 - $65,000 per year plus benefits
- Feb 10, 2023
- Apr 11, 2023
- Insurance, Professional
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for handling payroll for a multi-state, mid-size organization. The respective candidate will have a solid understanding of payroll processing, payroll and tax legislation, and functions in our HRIS, UKG (formerly UltiPro).
- Accurately enters and maintains employee related information in the payroll system, including, but not limited to: personnel changes, wage adjustments, garnishments, child support and liens, tax withholding changes, direct deposit, special withholdings, leave of absence, terminations, etc. necessary for payroll processing in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Accurately enters and maintains all employee related information in the payroll system including, but not limited to: employee demographic changes, billing changes: workers’ compensation and state unemployment codes, group sponsored benefit plan deductions, paid time-off, managerial and labor.
- Support leadership and Accounting team by running reports upon request and assisting with various audit requests
- Entering and/or updating records such as terminations, benefits deductions, wage garnishments, compensation, department transfers, etc.
- Ability to interpret tax publications and correspondences.
- Responsible for setup and management of payroll registrations for the organization.
- Reviews, researches and assists with reconciliation of general ledger account discrepancies and data integrity issues.
- Reviewing and correcting errors to ensure accuracy of payroll before submitting to the People Operations Manager for final approval.
- Calculating special payroll runs or on demand (i.e., termination pay, etc.).
- Ensure all internal/external inquiries are responded to and resolved accurately and in a timely manner.
- Audit activities including new hires, termination notifications and changes in coverage.
- Review monthly carrier invoicing for accuracy prior to submission to Accounting for reconciliation.
- Processes Leave of Absence payroll entries.
- Stay informed on payroll and tax legislation that impact payroll to ensure that Ardán complies with state, federal and company policy, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist employees with 401K rollovers, 401K audits/5500 ERISA reporting, compliance testing, QDROs, QMCSOs, and distribution requests.
- Billing reconciliation for group health and voluntary benefits.
- Quarterly and Year End payroll audits and review.
- Assist employees with explanation of benefits deductions questions, preferred.
- All other duties as assigned.
Assists with the onboarding and hiring process which includes receiving Form I-9 documents and new hire paperwork. Maintains employee files in compliance with applicable legal and contractual requirements. Processes terminations and maintains documentation related to performance improvement. Supports employee-oriented company culture, emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance to all employees.
- 5+ years multi-state payroll processing
- 3+ years of UKG payroll processing, quarter end, year-end processing and reporting
- Ability to write and orally communicate clearly, accurately and concisely
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional problem resolution, attention to detail, project management, follow-through, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
- Passion for providing exceptional service, both internally and externally, in-person, via phone and in writing
- Able to adapts to change, take initiative, manage time effectively and cope with stressful situations
- Demonstrate ability to handle documents with confidentially and security
- CCP, CPP preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhausted list of duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
We offer some great perks:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Employer-paid disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- 401K with company match.
- Paid time off and company-paid holidays.
- Wellness resources.
Apply for Payroll Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly