Golf Course Superintendent
- Evermore Resort
- Orlando, Florida
- Starting at $70,000 Annually
- Feb 20, 2023
- Apr 21, 2023
- Facilities / Maintenance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
Evermore Orlando Resort is an innovative 1,100-acre resort adjacent to Walt Disney World® featuring centrally owned upscale and upsized vacation rental homes, flats & villas, a luxury Conrad hotel, 36 holes of world-class Jack Nicklaus golf, and a massive 20-acre tropical beach complex around Evermore Bay, our 8-acre crystalline water amenity by Crystal Lagoons®. The surrounding beach areas feature zero-entry swim areas, bars, cabanas, private firepits, a lively food hall & gourmet market, a casual dining restaurant, and an event Boathouse that will provide a picture-perfect backdrop for weddings, banquets, and corporate meetings. Evermore is building a team that will bring these experiences to life in 2023 and is seeking individuals that want the challenge of building this exciting resort experience.
- Works directly with the Senior Superintendent and Director of Golf Course Maintenance supervising the Assistant Superintendents and staff.
- Responsible for ensuring proper management of the daily operations of The Links Course, The Florida Course, Pitch and , Putt and the Driving Range and landscape areas as required.
- Provide direct communication between the golf maintenance team, the Senior Superintendent, and the Director of Golf Course Maintenance.
- Maintains ongoing awareness of all agronomic activity on the course and provides constant feedback and direction to key staff members.
- Provides leadership and a positive working environment that fosters teamwork, communication, ethical behavior, cleanliness and a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to operate all golf course equipment.
- Supervise the agronomic practices involved in growing various types of grasses. General knowledge of trees, and ornamental plants.
- Monitor and communicate turf grass issues associated with moisture, pests, and disease to the Senior Superintendent and/or Director of Golf Course Maintenance.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with the tournament staff to foster a professional and positive relationship with the entire Golf Operations staff.
- Remain current on all industry changes and trends in the golf industry, locally and nationally.
- Familiar with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners.
- Ability to apply fertilizers and pesticides safely and correctly.
- Ensure chemical and fertilizer application and related record keeping complies with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensures proper calibration of all spraying/fertilizing equipment.
- Ensures that chemicals, petroleum, and other controlled products are used, stored, and disposed of in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and strives to minimize the use of chemicals and petroleum products.
- Able to perform basic mathematic calculations, calibrations and able to convert and understand fractions, decimals, and percentages when applying fertilizers and pesticides.
- Schedules daily irrigation – This includes ensuring all hand watering and supplemental irrigation is complete as well as programming irrigation computer daily.
- Knowledge of moisture management and irrigation systems including irrigation troubleshooting and repairs.
- Inspects irrigation station stations frequently to ensure safe operation and supervise and participate in the operation and maintenance of pumps.
- Proactively ensures drainage systems are well maintained.
- Tracks rainfall and uses it as a tool in moisture management.
- Plan, organize, and direct the maintenance of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Ensure the staff is following OSHA safe work guidelines, and resort safety conditions under state, and federal guidelines.
- Promote teamwork and lead by example.
- Able to work various shifts or days of the week according to business demands.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree, turf certificate, A.S. or B.S in Turfgrass or related field required.
- 3 years of experience in a management role on a golf course.
- Experience with golf course chemical and fertilizer applications.
- State of Florida Commercial applicator license or ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire.
- Golf Course BMP training completed within 90 days of hire.
- Green Industries BMP Certification and License within 90 days of the basic principles of golf.
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred, must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Documents, and computer literate.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend and/or reach repeatedly.
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds and carry, pull, and push heavy objects and materials.
- Able to be on your feet and walk long distances 8-10 hours shifts.
- Ability to see, hear, smell, and use manual dexterity for all equipment.
- Subject to environmental conditions, work activities can occur inside and outside.
Our Work Culture
Our team is impassioned to master group gatherings in Orlando and aims to inspire guest confidence in the vacation rental experience and goes the extra mile to make the process of planning big trips “easy on purpose”. We’re building a brand-new hospitality asset class in Orlando and seek those that feel at home in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a curiosity to seek and deliver outstanding service with a good sense of humor to enjoy the process. We seek quality Team Members who will demonstrate what it means to be a good neighbor to both our guests and other associates. We offer an inclusive, team-oriented work environment and are working to build the most professional hospitality team in the industry. We are seeking Team Members to apply for this role who will be proud to be a part of our resort and the Evermore experience.
We are an innovative workplace; seeking great people like you!!
If you are naturally: Neighborly, Appreciative, Kind, Honest, Humble, Authentic, Curious, Savvy, Spirited, and inspired by a work environment that is: Inclusive, Professional, Warm, Sense of Pride, and Team Oriented our work culture is a match for you. In return, we offer our Team Members competitive pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Wellness program. Additionally, affordable health benefits coverage for your dependents, a Retirement plan with employer match, a robust paid time off policy, and unique policies in support of our team and significant relationships in their lives. Ready to join us? We can’t wait to meet you!