International Student Advisor
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!The International Student Advisor/DSO is responsible for ensuring international students are informed of regulations and school policies to ensure that they are maintaining their visa status while studying at Full Sail University and during their OPT/STEM period. He/she counsels students to ensure compliance of all appropriate federal and state regulations. They will perform a broad range of duties to meet the needs of the International Student Program, including advising students on maintaining lawful status, granting immigration benefits, resolving status violations, and presenting at workshops.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Designated School Official approved by DHS to issue immigration documents and grant immigration benefits to students in F-1 visa status.
- Advise international students and their dependents and help them maintain lawful immigration status through continuous education on immigration regulations, policies and procedures.
- Review and determine the eligibility of prospective students; grant admission and issue immigration documents necessary to obtain the F-1 student visa. Advise students on the process for obtaining a student visa at the US embassy.
- Ensure institutional compliance with federal regulations by performing timely and accurate registration and reporting of all F-1 students to the government.
- Monitor academic progress of international students and report this information to DHS on a regular basis, using the SEVIS web-based tracking system.
- Assist students with registration and payment problems, and university policies and procedures.
- Develop written instructions for students to apply for federal benefits, such as work permission or change of visa status.
- Compile and submit detailed statistical reports on F-1 students.
- Conduct new student orientations for International students.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all appropriate federal and state regulations related to administering student visas.
- Counsel students on programs and requirements necessary to maintain appropriate status.
- Support our business growth through admission.
- Provide expert product knowledge.
- Provide enthusiastic, hands-on customer service to our students via phone, email and other communication methods.
- Educate and advise students on all issues related to student visas.
- Contribute to growth with prospective and current students.
- Assist tracking various enrollment types: Immersive, Hybrid, Special Schedule, Transfer, and Change of Enrollment students using Full Sail University's specific computer applications.
- Perform various administrative functions.
- Document student scenarios and assist creating training materials.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Customer Service Experience.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Education and/or Experience:
- Should be a U.S. citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Preferred.
- DSO/ARO experience or experience administering student visas and SEVIS administration.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
- Proficiency using software programs such as Microsoft Office (full suite), Keynote, Salesforce, Workday, and Cisco phone
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input, and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening in meetings and over the telephone. May be subject to walking, standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.