Drafter / Engineer - Millwork
- JK2 Scenic
- Apopka, Florida
- $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Mar 17, 2023
- May 16, 2023
- Construction, Manufacturing
- Engineering, Mechanical, Graphic Design / Art
- Contract Type
Building dreams is our passion. JK2 Scenic is a second-generation family-owned company that provides exceptional full-service theming contractor services for unique projects in the retail, theme park, entertainment, hospitality, and restaurant industries.
JK2 Scenic was established in 2008 and is a growing leader in millwork fabrication, and a qualified woman-owned business. Our team understands what is paramount for a successful project and builds with innovation and integrity. We not only assist our clients in creating artistic themed environments, but we professionally manage, budget, and schedule the process to ensure quality and cost control. That’s where you come in!
The Drafter /Engineer has an aptitude for architectural, construction, and mechanical drafting. Creating accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and site visits. Seamlessly integrating and working with project managers, design consultants, and sub-contractors to produce and alter drawings. Organizing and uploading drawings to web based storage sites/collaboration project sites to share drawings with project managers and subcontractors. Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings. Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CADD systems. Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations. Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the team.
We offer competitive Salaries, Health Insurance, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k and Profit Sharing Plan.
- Create accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches created by engineers and architects, verbal instructions, and site visits.
- Design plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software (to include Microvellum).
- Help design products with engineering and manufacturing techniques.
- Add details to architectural plans from their knowledge of building techniques.
- Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineers and architects.
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products.
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow.
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve. functionality and communicate potential design problems to the rest of the team.
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials.
- Seamlessly integrate and work with project managers, design consultants, and sub-contractors, to produce and alter drawings and incorporate knowledge gained into drawings.
- Thinking creatively and critically to support the project team in the design process, to create sketches and drawings that work.
- Create and continually updating project drawings lists.
- Printing various formats of drawing sets for project managers and site superintendents.
- Systematically saving sketches and drawings on our server; keeping the server organized; updating project folders and files as jobs progress and revisions are made.
- Exhaustively reviewing and checking sketches and drawings for errors, before being sent to architects, sub-contractors, project managers, etc.
- Seek clarity and understanding from engineers and project managers when not 100% certain of something.
- Organizing and uploading drawings to web-based storage sites/collaboration project sites to share drawings with others.
- Create, edit, and update standards
- Helps identify potential quality, material savings, and design cost issues
- Operate all necessary software including AutoCAD Microvellum, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Must read emails and respond to them daily on a regular basis.
- Must perform other related duties as assigned or requested at the discretion of management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- 5 + years’ of experience of Auto CAD drafting experience.
- Previous Microvellum experience.
- 3+ years’ of working in millwork industry preferred.
- Experience in Millwork/Cabinetmaking & 3D Rendering/Modeling is a plus.
- Creative and theming project experience is a plus.
- High level math with an analytical mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, Word, and Internet search engines.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Must have a clean driving record with a valid Florida Driver License and proof of insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
JK2 Core Values: Creative Minded, Solution Driven, Quality Focused and Respected Partners (Teamwork!).