Shop Coordinator - Millwork
- JK2 Scenic
- Apopka, Florida
- $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
- Mar 17, 2023
- May 11, 2023
- Construction, Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Building dreams is our passion. JK2 Scenic is a second-generation family-owned company that provides exceptional full-service theming contractor services for unique projects in the retail, theme park, entertainment, hospitality, and restaurant industries.
JK2 Scenic was established in 2008 and is a growing leader in millwork fabrication, and a qualified woman-owned business. Our team understands what is paramount for a successful project and builds with innovation and integrity. We not only assist our clients in creating artistic themed environments, but we professionally manage, budget, and schedule the process to ensure quality and cost control. That’s where you come in!
The Shop Coordinator supports the Shop Manager with day-to-day production activities . Must be hands-on, highly organized, focused, and demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal. This position is responsible for tool control, inventory control, support and preventative maintenance. The Shop Coordinator transfers material from one job to another and supports receipt, delivery and pick-up of products and materials.
- Conducts and maintains inventory control and maintenance of materials, hardware, special order items, tools, and equipment.
- Organizes and stores received material for quick identification and easy incorporation into the production process, as per specified process.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas as instructed by the Shop Manager.
- Ensures materials and items are marked with the correct identifying information, as per the specified process.
- Inspects and analyzes product to determine if there are any flaws or quality issues.
- Organizes and properly stores work in progress and finished products.
- Logs completed work, maintains records of materials received or distributed, and prepares the necessary documentation.
- Inspects vehicles for roadworthiness, and lists any work required.
- Ensures designated drivers document the vehicle daily checks before leaving and upon returning the shop.
- Coordinates with the Shop Manager for the staging, loading and packing onto the vehicle of required installation material, tools and equipment.
- Maintains the tool room and log book. Inspects “On Sight Job Box” and tools upon issuance and upon return.
- Submit Material Requests and replace consumables as needed.
- Gathers the Carpenters list of material, tools, and equipment needed to support next day workload and ensures their availability.
- Communicates to the Shop Manager items that need to be ordered.
- Supports monthly tool inventory and performs periodic inspections and minor repairs.
- Makes a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, interested and adhering to workplace policies and procedures.
- Follows proper safety practices and procedures, including proper disposal of hazardous/toxic liquids or materials.
- Aids in the cleanliness and order of the shop and other areas belonging to the shop.
- Operates and maintains the forklift and ensures only certified drivers.
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working as a carpenter apprentice in a commercial, industrial, or facilities operations setting, including rough and finished carpentry (not required, but preferred).
- Ability to become a certified Forklift Driver. (JK2 will train) Must communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of external professionals and in-house staff.
- Must be able to multi task, switch tasks quickly and efficiently as priorities change and to be able to work at speed under pressure when necessary.
- Minor mechanical skills to support maintenance of materials, tools and equipment.
- Experience in cabinet and casework fabrication is a plus
- Must demonstrate initiative and a positive working attitude.
- Must have a willingness to learn new skills where needed.
- Must have a clean driving record with a valid license.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
JK2 Core Values: Creative Minded, Solution Driven, Quality Focused and Respected Partners (Teamwork!).