CNC Operator - Millwork
- JK2 Scenic
- Apopka, Florida
- $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Mar 27, 2023
- Apr 20, 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Building dreams is our passion. JK2 Scenic is a second-generation family-owned company that provides exceptional full-service theming contractor services for unique projects in the retail, theme park, entertainment, hospitality, and restaurant industries.
JK2 Scenic was established in 2008 and is a growing leader in millwork fabrication, and a qualified woman-owned business. Our team understands what is paramount for a successful project and builds with innovation and integrity. We not only assist our clients in creating artistic themed environments, but we professionally manage, budget, and schedule the process to ensure quality and cost control. That’s where you come in!
The CNC Operator is responsible for the operation of CNC machinery required for architectural millwork and custom fabrication projects. The position receives production duties and direction from the Shop Manager. Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and self-motivation is required to properly and accurately create products for fabrication and shop assembly. This position is responsible for making sure all carpentry work is completed safely, efficiently, in a timely manner, and confirms the quality of the final product meets company standards.
- Verifies CNC machinery is in good working order before set up and after use.
- Sets up CNC machinery to successfully conduct a run as specified.
- Properly loads and secures material on cutting table.
- Monitors the run throughout the cycle.
- Inspects and analyzes product to determine if there are any flaws or quality issues.
- Ensures materials and items are marked with the correct identifying information.
- Performs all necessary CNC machine maintenance and uses equipment properly.
- Transfers and controls CNC programs from the server to CNC machines
- Ability to multi-task, keeping track of multiple project responsibilities, priorities and deadlines at the same time.
- Abides by all safety standards at all times and report any safety or maintenance concerns to management immediately.
- Develops the basic knowledge and understanding of different product types, materials, surfaces, finishes, etc. (i.e. wood, metal, plastics, fiberglass), used to fabricate themed products.
- Helps identify potential quality, material savings, and design cost issues.
- Ability to work well with other team members, establishing and maintaining a positive and cooperative work environment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/drawings, in order to coordinate project needs and conflicts requiring resolution to fulfill design
- Willingness to learn new scenic trades and skills to help, when needed
High school diploma or GED supplemented by completion of a Union, private (in-house), military, or trade school apprenticeship program that includes basic theory and on-the-job work.
1-3 years CNC operating experience. Architectural millwork and construction knowledge is a plus.
Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, climbing (ladders and scaffolding), standing and walking for up to 4 hours. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in construction trades. Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely.
Other Skills, Ability and/or Knowledge:
- Solid math skills, including measuring and keeping count records.
- Able to read and follow technical, shop drawings and diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively at all levels.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn.
- Must be organized and able to manage schedules and assigned tasks.
- Ability to multi-task with strong interpersonal skill set.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with high attention to detail.
- Self-starter and forward-thinking with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Clean driving record with a valid license.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching