Porter - Facilities
- Orlando, Florida
- $14.50 per hour
- Mar 28, 2023
- May 27, 2023
- Entertainment / Leisure
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
- Entry Level
A Porter is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Dr. Phillips Center with a goal of keeping the facilities in a “like new” condition.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas using the prescribed chemicals, tools, equipment and process as directed. Areas that may be assigned during a shift could include: restrooms, lobbies, theaters, meeting spaces, offices, kitchens, break rooms, stairwells, hallways, elevators, dressing rooms, classrooms, rehearsal rooms and exterior areas. Removes trash to debris compactor or recycling area. Performs assigned duties in a professional manner with high quality standards and attention to detail.
• Cleaning includes: removing trash; vacuuming; mopping; sweeping; dusting (high & low); cleaning mirrors/glass; restocking paper & soap supplies; moving furnishings and equipment (with assistance if needed); light fixtures; tables/chairs; refrigerators; microwaves; toasters and other items as directed. Clean and sanitize toilets, urinals, sinks and counters.
• Monitors public spaces prior to, during, and after events/shows to ensure restrooms are stocked, clean and free of trash. Ensures lobby areas are free of debris (tables, floors, counters) and quickly wipes up any spills. Interacts in a professional and friendly manner when speaking with clients and guests during shows/events. Provides directions and other general assistance to Guests.
• Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques and the use of PPE. Adheres to all safety procedures; and properly uses equipment and chemicals employing the use of PPE as instructed. Must know and properly select the correct chemicals required for use. Employs the use of “wet floor” signs and other safety tools to prevent accidents.
• Reports items in disrepair or showing wear to supervisor. Reports all safety hazards to supervisor.
• Follow and support all operational policies and procedures. Assimilate into the arts center culture through understanding, supporting and demonstrating the core values.
• Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with other departments, colleagues, and partners.
•Able to effectively communicate in English.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
•High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
•At least one year of Housekeeping experience, hospitality custodial work a plus.
•Candidate is personable, self-motivated, a self-starter, reliable, and a team player.
•Must have basic knowledge of cleaning chemicals, PPE and equipment such as: vacuum cleaner, industrial vacuum, carts, buffer, extractor, hose, garage sweeper, leaf blower, hand tools, brushes, mops, washer-dryer and floor scrubber.
•Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision and responds to requests when asked.
•Ability to interact, communicate, and read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and product labels in English.
•Ability to perform assigned duties in a professional manner with high quality standards.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
•This position requires the ability to work a variable schedule, evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet operational needs.
•Ability to bend, stop, reach overhead, push, pull, stand and walk for long periods of time.
•Ability to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds frequently.