Faculty Game Design Bachelor of Science (Multiple Openings)
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!Full Sail University currently has openings for Faculty in the Game Design Bachelor of Science program. The program consists of high-level game design and production courses that provide students understanding of the game development pipeline. Students learn key industry concepts ranging from aesthetics and immersion to usability and game economics along with fundamental programming skills using major game engines such as Unreal, Unity3D, C#, and CryEngine. Ultimately, students will be tasked with creating their own games, play testing them, and analyzing their own work as well as the work of other students. Associate Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online.
All positions are full-time. Candidates must reside in the State of Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and stay current with relevant industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee lab specialists to ensure the integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and is required to hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Game Design, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency with major game engines (e.g. C#, Unreal, Unity3D, CryEngine)
- Work experience in level-design and gameplay-design fundamentals
- Work experience in developing the design of a released digital or analog game
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.