Community Outreach Representative
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!The Community Outreach Representative is a dynamic professional responsible for establishing and cultivating relationships on behalf of Full Sail University within the education community, military community, and the entertainment media industry. The Community Outreach Representative will facilitate ‘Full Sail On Tour' experiences, off-campus student recruitment workshops, deliver brand-level marketing presentations, participate in community events, support on-campus educator events, and provide support services to the education community at large.
The Community Outreach Representative is a traveling, community-facing representative for Full Sail University, and as such must have a genuine passion for people, higher education, and the entertainment media industry. Community outreach representatives are high-energy brand building professionals with exceptional facilitation, presentation, communication and organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Behave as a Full Sail University ambassador and embrace our unique educational model, while maintaining the highest level of integrity, professionalism, customer service, and compliance.
- Facilitate all traveling 'Full Sail On Tour' (FSOT) brand building and recruitment events. Responsible for loading, unloading, sorting, staging, and transporting collateral to and from FSOT events.
- Facilitate Full Sail University interactive recruitment experiences/workshops and deliver Full Sail University brand presentations.
- Research, identify, and attend all non-Florida based brand advocacy and recruitment activities with targeted , national college fairs, conferences, and large-scale marketing events.
- Partner with Military Outreach team to support and attend nationwide recruitment efforts at military installations.
- Partner with Regional Outreach Representatives to attend Florida-based college fairs, career nights, STEM/STEAM events, marketing events, community events, and additional prospective student & alumni activities as needed.
- Accurately and completely explain Full Sail University educational programs, expected outcomes, and student services to prospective students,
- Collaborate with Educator/Community Outreach team to maximize teacher advocacy, support services, and network.
- Provide coverage assistance for various on-campus outreach and/or touring events.
- Assist in additional outreach based initiatives on behalf of Full Sail University as needed.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including late nights, weekends, extended hours, and overnight travel.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver license, clean driving record, and willingness to travel. Extended travel of up to two-three weeks per month is expected (especially during peak seasons).
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 30lbs, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all Full Sail University educational offerings.
- Maintain current knowledge of all additional educational programs offered within Full Sail University school network (i.e. Full Sail Labs, DC-3, Splash Media, Los Angeles Film School, Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design).
- Research and maintain target high school and educator contact database within Full Sail University customer relationship management system (CRM).
- Document all communication diligence within Full Sail University CRM.
- Meet minimum daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly call, talk-time, and email communication requirements.
- Confirm all regional recruiting activities at least two days prior to event date.
- Ensure proper ingestion of prospective student inquiries into Full Sail University CRM immediately at conclusion of all recruiting activities.
- Meet minimum weekly, monthly, and quarterly self generated student inquiry requirements.
- with regional outreach staff, military outreach staff, campus personnel, and leadership team to plan and execute strategic brand advocacy activities as needed.
- Collaborate with Full Sail University cross-departmental global outreach captains to host student lifecycle outreach events as needed.
- Complete expense reports as needed.
- Apply best practices across all initiatives to ensure a consistent brand experience.
- Have a genuine excitement for people, education, technology, and entertainment media industry.
- Ability to relate and empathize with wide variety of personality types, professions, and demographics.
- Self-motivated, adaptive, resilient, and embody integrity, always willing to do the right thing.
- Dynamic and innovative personality with strong desire to connect with people.
- Possess strong facilitation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excel at face-to-face and phone communication in both “one-on-one” and large group environments.
- Clear and professional communication skills (written and oral), comfortable with ‘cold-calling' campaigns.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 1-3 years of college admissions, marketing, education, and/or regional outreach experience.
- Strong understanding of college admissions process, and the educational models for both primary and secondary education (Including STEM or CDE).
- Must become a licensed agent for Full Sail University in the state of Florida (additional states as needed).
- Must successfully participate in and complete all continuing education/training requirements.
- Background check mandatory.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, iLife, iWork, various web tools, and Salesforce CRM enterprise software.
- Proficient with various Apple and Windows based hardware.
- Proficient with various audio/video equipment.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active customer and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system; enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while listening on the telephone. May be subject to bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds. Employee must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including late nights, weekends, extended hours, and overnight travel (especially during peak seasons).
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.