Business Solutions Manager
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!The Solution Manager role is a leadership position within the Information Media and Technology (IMT) of Full Sail University. This position reports to the Senior Director of Solutions Management. A Solution Manager has extensive experience working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders. A key role is to define the current and future state of their business processes, identifying opportunities/risks while driving to highly effective technology solutions.
Successful Solution Managers possess the ability to strategically understand Full Sail direction/goals plus be detailed oriented to manage the flow of projects. As the liaison between IMT and major business units, the SM drives strategy which optimizes the technical solution value proposition, while managing stakeholder expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strong, long-term relationships with all levels of cross functional teams to ensure they are using best practices when utilizing technology as it is intended.
- Manage and work closely with a team of business analysts to maintain sound business/technical relationships with assigned stakeholders
- Leader of business analyst(s) to demonstrate best practices and company/department protocols as well as the day-to-day management of employees (PTO, reviews, SMART, etc.).
- Strategically work towards high level business goals and technical oversight.
- Lead discovery activities with cross-functional teams to proactively seek global innovative solutions that improve the student/business experience.
- Possess the ability to analyze documentation, to refine and validate requirements.
- Ensure requirements are traceable, well communicated and aligned to overall business vision.
- Be a subject matter expert on IMT's enterprise and proprietary technical solutions.
- Be the primary author of documentation that can be shared cross-functionally to prompt transparency and global collaboration.
- Manage the delivery of technical/business solutions via a high-level project management methodology as determined by the Project Review Board/Full Sail IMT requirements.
- Prepare impactful presentations to illustrate scope and value of the proposed solution.
- Clearly understand, document and articulate existing business architecture and supporting systems to continuously define strategies for future growth.
- Evangelize business benefits and demonstrate a sound understanding of how the overall business solution is positioned and successfully deployed to drive change management and adoption across the company.
- Adhere to policies and procedures set forth by Full Sail University
- Maintain strict confidentiality of company and personnel information
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of Full Sail University
- Adhere to company attendance standards
- Perform any other duties as assigned as the role evolves to meet the needs of the university.
- Strong negotiation and consensus building skills when dealing with internal stakeholders and cross functional team members.
- Extensive experience in change management to continuously guide user groups through the ever changing organizational and technical landscape.
- The end-to-end nature of the Solution Management responsibilities require solid project/product management skills with techniques such as use case analysis, process flow diagramming, and requirements documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to distill technology solutions into understandable and compelling executive level presentations.
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment and resolve conflict in a professional and timely manner.
- Sound understanding of IMT technology concepts. A SM is not expected to have deep technical knowledge but have enough knowledge to translate technical language.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in solutions management, project management, business analysis management, computer science, or related field of study for technology solution-based project/program management.
- Minimum of two years work experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Professional development certificates, Salesforce Trailhead Badges, or other Enterprise solution trainings/certificates are welcome and recognized, but not mandatory
- Ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency in a diverse Enterprise technological stack and environment. Digital citizen with mastered sense of adhering to all computer, device, and equipment policies.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. All work is performed in an office environment with travel required between various buildings on campus for required meetings. Job duties may require long periods of sitting, staring at computer screens, lifting, and carrying items, etc. Hours subject to change but primarily 8:30am to 5:30pm. Some overtime may be required during important projects.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.