Director of IT Products
The Director, Products is responsible for IT product delivery across the enterprise. The Director is responsible for managing the leads and team members across all supported functions within Orlando Health. These functions will include corporate areas. The individual will develop relationships with key stakeholders across Orlando Health to deliver IT products and services with superior business value to stakeholders. The Director will lead managers and team members directly and indirectly to deliver IT products.
Corporate areas include HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Revenue Management, Strategy, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Corporate Security, Facility Development, Foundation, Medical Staff Services, Protective Services, Risk Management and Safety. The individual will be responsible for diverse IT products and will serve as an IT liaison between internal and external stakeholders as a key information healthcare technology leader with accountability to provide corporate staff and team members with state-of-the-art tools to maximize scale, optimize resources and deliver superior end user experiences.
• Manages and leads the integration of Information System delivery in support of clinical or corporate systems to achieve organizational goals.
• Acts as a technology product delivery leader and change agent, working with corporate system leadership and teams to plan, develop and implement information system strategies and solutions that our aligned with strategic imperatives, enterprise architecture and product roadmaps.
• Delivers information system capabilities as defined in product roadmaps, creating streamlined and integrated solutions to drive enterprise scale, optimize costs and deliver state-of-art automation capabilities.
• Drives rapid assimilation of newly acquired entities from an information system capability perspective.
• Facilitates alignment between business stakeholders and IT, providing cross-department visibility into demand, enterprise solutions and execution of key projects.
• Leads the implementation of products in support of strategic and tactical programs.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to envision and deliver system technology platforms
• Leads governance processes and work efforts with key stakeholders in the business and IT to ensure effective prioritization of initiatives.
• Partners with corporate leaders, managers and subject matter experts to translate needs to functional requirements, then subsequently to technical requirements and specifications.
• Recruits, develops, retains and inspires a talented team of IT product specialists in all required disciplines.
• Encourages staff empowerment, maintains an open door and fosters cross team and department collaboration.
• Actively mentors team members to constantly improve their capabilities and performance.
• Effectively addresses staff related concerns and issues in a timely and consistent manner.
• Manages technical resource capacity and allocation.
• Develops and maintains effective win-win relationships with strategic technology partners and service providers.
• Monitors and provides oversight and hands-on guidance when needed, to resolve escalated IT issues. Ensures visibility of issue resolution and mitigation plans and status to all stakeholders.
• Ensures product teams provide effective third level of technical support to assist the IT Operations team in effectively supporting and maintain mission critical information systems.
• Effectively participates in the demand management process for new business requests. Collaborates with stakeholders to develop business cases, SBARs, proformas and project charters. Assists stakeholders by guiding key initiatives through the defined phases of managerial assessment and approval.
• Improves the quality and effectiveness of the corporate system programs by providing leadership, coordination and facilitation to evaluate product alternatives and technology innovation possibilities.
• Optimizes a wide range of information system technologies.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills to provides complex analysis and evaluation of systems, processes and workflows to ensure corporate system needs are met in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
ITIL Essentials certification
A minimum of three years of information technology experience in the delivery of software products.
A minimum of three years of experience serving corporate function's information needs.
A minimum of two years of hands-on project management experience.
A minimum of five years of progressive management experience
Director of IT Products