Finance Manager I, CPA required
Responsible for managing the accounting team in support of all corporate finance functions of the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) Joint Ventures. This includes monthly financial reporting, accounts payable, treasury functions and other finance support.
Specialization in Accounting:
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the financial reporting for Orlando Health's joint venture surgery centers.
- Oversees accounting journal entries in the assigned area.
- Manages the accounts payable function for Orlando Health's joint venture surgery centers.
- Administers banking, credit card, loan, and other treasury activities of the joint venture surgery centers. • Coordinates the preparation of all tax and regulatory filings with external consultants.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned accounting related systems such as general ledger, fixed assets, accounts payable, and other applications, and related upgrade implementation planning, testing, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Assures assigned staff develop and maintain relationships with internal and external individuals and firms that are the sources of necessary information used for in the preparation of accounting entries in the assigned areas.
- Manages the work of assigned accounting and financial analyst staff to assure accurate and timely accounting and reporting.
- Oversees the preparation of annual cost reports, AHCA, and other regulatory filings.
- Assures the development and maintenance of adequate internal controls over financial reporting and protection of assets in the assigned areas.
- Monitors records retention for all departmental records, producing as needed for auditors.
- Oversees the management of the external audit process, assuring accurate and timely provision of requested items to the auditors.
- Manages a small group of team members in a functional area. o Responsible for the achievement of team critical success factors, which include anticipating and meeting business requirements, accuracy, high quality of work product, and achievement of cost-effective results. o Responsible for development of a highly effective and flexible team. o Responsible for continuously improving internal processes; seeking and implementing, with team members, innovative ways to improve quality and reduce cost. o Develops team members into a highly effective and flexible team which is able to meet customer needs with accuracy and a high-quality level of work product.
- Provides accurate internal and external financial accounting and reporting.
- Establishes policies and procedures, standards, and objectives in coordination with the vision and goals of Orlando Health.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of all operating budgets in assigned areas, while monitoring and promoting costeffectiveness for the organization.
- Manages various human resource functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and performance counseling.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Chairs or leads meetings.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to effectively communicate complex financial models to a wide variety of audiences through verbal and written presentations.
- Assumes the responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Completes all mandatory education.
- Ability to manage large projects and oversee leadership of cross-functional teams.
Orlando Health is a 3,200-bed system that includes 15 wholly-owned hospitals and emergency departments; rehabilitation services, cancer institutes, heart institutes, imaging and laboratory services, wound care centers, physician offices for adults and pediatrics, skilled nursing facilities, an in-patient behavioral health facility, home healthcare services in partnership with LHC Group, and urgent care centers in partnership with CareSpot Urgent Care. Nearly 4,200 physicians, representing more than 80 medical specialties and subspecialties have privileges across the Orlando Health system, which employs nearly 22,000 team members. Areas of clinical excellence are orthopedics, heart and vascular, cancer care, neurosciences, surgery, pediatric specialties, neonatology, women's health and trauma.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Five (5) years of experience related to financial analysis and planning, public accounting or consulting.
- Computer experience required with an emphasis on finance related IT systems (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, General and Fund Accounting, Budget, Purchasing card, Cost Accounting, etc.), spreadsheet and/or database programs
Finance Manager I, CPA required