Facility: Horizon West Hospital
Location: Winter Garden, Florida
Type: Part Time
Provides cleaning services to patient and non-patient areas..
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health:
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- All Inclusive Benefits: Student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, back up elder and childcare, pet insurance, and more for full time and part time employees.
- Employee-centric: Orlando Health has been selected as one of the 2020 “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare.
- Committed to Community: Orlando Health provides more than $450 million in total value to the community in the form of charity care, community benefit programs and services, community building activities and more.
- Forbes Recognizes Orlando Health as a Best-In-State Employer
Forbes has named Orlando Health as one of America's Best-In-State Employers for 2021. Orlando Health is the top healthcare organization in the Metro Orlando area to make the prestigious list. "We are proud to be named once again as a best place to work," said Karen Frenier, vice president, Human Resources. "This achievement reflects our positive culture and efforts to ensure that all team members feel respected, supported and valued."
- As a self-motivated Team Member, the individual must adhere to all Standards of Behavior, exhibit excellent customer service skills, and capable of functioning and working in a cohesive team environment.
- Communicates with patients, visitors and customers using appropriate designated scripting and engagement techniques.
- To achieve a Superior Facility Image, this position is responsible for the cleaning and disinfecting of patient rooms, and ancillary areas to include, but not limited to bathrooms, public areas, corridors, medication storage rooms as directed by licensed clinical staff and any other areas that may require attention using designated and appropriate chemicals and cleaning procedures.
- Cleans in-patient and non-patient rooms to include, but not limited to patient bed, furniture, light fixtures, ceiling vents, windows, window coverings/blinds, restroom/bathroom fixtures, IV poles, Murphy beds, other designated patient room equipment, floors and carpets.
- Replenishes supplies as needed, remove bio-medical waste, trash and soiled linen as required on a daily basis and changes cubicle/window curtains as needed. Accomplishes these functions by pushing and pulling cleaning carts, moving supplies and equipment, carrying buckets, operating equipment such as vacuum cleaners, and climbing a ladder as needed.
- Completes patient room and bathroom cleaning daily to accommodate discharges/admissions and overall cleanliness standards utilizing the approved procedures for patient room cleaning to include Bed Management systems where applicable.
Possesses the necessary skills to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers,
write simple correspondence, and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Must have good working knowledge
and be capable of accessing and using all department related computer systems, such as but not limited to, the Tele-Tracking
programs that include Bed Tracking and Service Response where applicable.
Must complete required mandatory educational training.
Facilities / Maintenance, Healthcare, Housekeeping
Winter Garden, Florida