ESP Site Supervisor, Dr. Phillips Elementary School
Dr. Phillips ES
NEW - SIGN-ON BONUS!
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Assists in a variety of functions including communication, planning, marketing and evaluation of the school programs at a School site. The Site Supervisor supports participation and retention by assisting in the planning and execution of school programs to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all students and parents.
- Provide direction, rules and supervision of the program activities and After School Counselors within the assigned School site.
- Assist the Program Director in the planning of the daily activities that fit the student's needs and interests to build healthy lifestyles. Ensure that YMCA Character Traits are evident in all activities.
- Support the retention of School participation through excellent quality programming and maintaining the requirements of average daily attendance. Work toward positive parent/staff relations to ensure satisfaction with programming.
- Participate in coordinator committees for quality after school programming, such as character development, arts and crafts, sports, summer camp, etc.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, by keeping within mandated ratios to ensure the operation of a quality School program.
- Responsible for generating revenue and or monitoring expenses according to department budget.
- Collect and process participants' fees as outlined in YMCA Dues and Fees Agreement. Complete all paperwork with accuracy and within deadlines.
- Gathers, enters and/or updates data to maintain department records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for operations.
- Monitors and coordinates accounting activities as appropriate.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of students on a daily basis.
- Maintain required certification and background screening compliance for all staff.
- Assist the Program Director in acting as a liaison between the YMCA of Central Florida and School Administration.
- Prepares and coordinates employee work schedules.
- Verifies work hours of employees and submits timesheets to department manager for approval.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure timely and accurate communication. Attend all staff meetings and YMCA trainings as required.
- Provides input on performance evaluations and submits recommendations to department manager for review and final approval.
- Initiates counseling and disciplinary actions under the close supervision of the department manager.
- Participates in a Quality Team or Fundraising initiative.
- Provides input into the development of procedures and systems for the department.
- Performs essential administrative and/or communication functions for the site.
- Assist the Program Director in recruitment and hiring of new staff.
- Assist the Program Director in actively marketing the School program by utilizing available marketing tools to increase participation goals. Utilize available technology, reporting tools and data that enhance program participation and retention.
- Report all accidents/incidents to the Supervisor, and follow risk procedures as outlined in YMCA policy. Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper contacts as outlined in YMCA policy.
- The YMCA prohibits from taking photos or videos of participants in their care or in any Y program without the direct permission from the YMCA Association Office and parental consent.
- Follow medication and food allergy policy.
- Remain up to date on emergency procedures, as well as Family Center and School policies.
- Report any suspicions of child abuse as required by Florida State Law and immediately notify Supervisor.
- Prepare monthly newsletters, calendars and schedules. Participate in special events and fundraising projects.
- Maintain the quality and inventory of the supplies, equipment and materials used in the School program.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supplies and equipment.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the school and YMCA facility area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Associate's degree or equivalent in related field required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in formal child care curriculum and programming, school age experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Salesforce experience a plus.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- May be required to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- Must exhibit patience and understanding in a fast-pace child program environment.
- Receives and follows detailed instructions.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind.
- Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and children's well-being.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must be able to perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
ESP Site Supervisor, Dr. Phillips Elementary School
Dr. Phillips ES