Adjunct Faculty - Social Science
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!In the Psychology of Play course, students will learn how to apply game strategies to accomplish life goals, creative projects, and professional tasks. Students will also explore the concepts of play through recent research conducted in the field of psychology, as well as the foundational works of Jean Piaget, William James, Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, and Lev Vygotsky. Through this exploration, students will understand the value of play and how the action of play shapes the brain, develops critical-thinking skills, and strengthens the ability to collaborate with others in social and professional settings. This course enables students to utilize perspectives in psychology to examine how play relates to their life, their education, and their chosen creative field. This position is part time working no more than 20 hours per week, on-campus or online and must be resident in the state of Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience and required to hold a Master's degree in Psychology, or Master's degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Psychology, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of online classroom management/ ability to facilitate online lecture.
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive fast paced environment.
- Adhere to deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to provide timely and meaningful feedback to students.
- Effective communications skills.
- Prior teaching experience is a plus.
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.