Inside Claims Adjuster
- American Integrity Insurance Company
- Tampa, Florida
- Not Specified
- May 16, 2023
- Jul 14, 2023
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
American Integrity Insurance, the premier writer of Florida homeowners insurance, has more than 290,000 customers and is exclusively represented by more than 1,000 independent agents who specialize in this complex and ever-evolving market. We offer sound and comprehensive home, condo, rental property and manufactured home insurance to families throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised of over 250 insurance professionals, most of whom work in our Tampa-area headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place to Work in Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance magazine for the past nine years.
A Day in the Life:
Who Says Insurance Can't Be Fun? From company picnics to charity events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance doesn't understand the importance of having fun, helping others and giving back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to our six core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility, passion and fun. As a team working to provide home insurance solutions to our policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater heights each day and celebrate each other's accomplishments along the way. It is our mission to continue providing reliable, customer-centric homeowners insurance to Florida residents and paying claims in a timely manner when our customers suffer a loss – and to do so with Integrity.
This Job: Inside Claims Adjuster
You'll Report To: Inside Claims Manager
As part of our inside claims team, you'll investigate and evaluate claims reported on our policies to determine coverage and extent of damage in an attempt to reach an appropriate and negotiated settlement in accordance with statutory requirements, policy provisions and customary and reasonable mitigation techniques.
What You'll Do
- Confirm coverage and identifies/resolves coverage issues.
- Contact the insured same day as the claim is assigned.
- Conduct thorough investigations on the cause of loss and procures proper documentation.
- Identify and recommend subrogation opportunities.
- Review and process correspondence and take appropriate action.
- Maintain an up-to-date claim file diary.
- Reviews adjuster reports for coverage and estimates accuracy.
- Process payment and or / denial based on policy coverage.
- Assess exposure and sets proper reserves.
- Communicate with customers, agents, and other partners verbally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Represent the company as the product coverage and statutory expert for our insured, agents, and vendors.
- Maintain appropriate documentation on all claim files and process claims in a timely manner.
- Meet company service and quality standards and effectively uses the diary system to remain current.
- Manage special projects, as assigned, within the established time and quality guidelines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining open and trusting working relationships with the insured in order to gather pertinent information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
What You'll Need to be a Top Candidate
Education: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Three (3) to five (5) years prior experience as a claims adjuster.
Licensure: State of Florida 520 or 620 License desired. Completion of insurance courses such as IIA, AEI, or CPCU preferred.
- Ability to analyze facts and coverages in order to evaluate damages.
- Proven ability in negotiation and investigation required.
- Ability to communicate interpersonally with individuals and groups via telephone and in writing. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of technical/professional / consumer clients.
- Microsoft Windows and Office Suite experience.
- Familiarity with industry claims systems and property estimating systems such as Xactimate.
Schedule: 8:30-5:30pm, M-F. Hybrid work schedule: on-site 3x a week #LI-Hybrid
Working Conditions: Normal business office environment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while constantly operating a computer and or other office productivity machinery such as a calculator or telephone. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access, office machinery or communicate with coworkers. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 10 pounds.
Travel: Field travel, as required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.
American Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.