Systems Administrator III
- University of Central Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- May 18, 2023
- Jul 17, 2023
- Education / Training
Unleash YOUR Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institute, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world's most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you'll play an integral role in pushing us forward to become among the most impactful universities in the country. You'll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck. We're seeking qualified, motivated individuals who will help UCF fulfill its mission in unleashing the potential of every individual, enriching the human experience through inclusion, discovery, and innovation; and propelling broad-based prosperity for the many communities we serve.
Health and Information Technology:
The UCF College of Medicine Health and Information Technology department will provide world class support services, leverage the use of technology, establish a robust infrastructure that will advance the College's vision to be the nation's premier 21st Century College of Medicine, as well as be a be a national leader in education, research, and patient care.
The UCF College of Medicine Health and Information Technology department seeks a Systems Administrator III to join their team. The Systems Administrator III performs design, deployment, interoperability, documentation, maintenance, and uptime assurance of the core systems and services for the College of Medicine and affiliated entities. The position coordinates with peer technical departments, end-users, and vendors to ensure system optimization and managing the expectations of students, faculty, researchers, clinicians, and administration.
• Responsible for the regular monitoring of services and ensuring optimal uptime is achieved, through regular activity review and utilization of implemented tools.
• Perform incident response in cooperation with clients and peer units, as appropriate to core systems and services.
• Provide top-tier system administration and oversight for the planning, design, installation, implementation, and maintenance of the core systems and services for the College of Medicine and affiliated programs.
• Assess system requirements to perform installations and customizations of core systems as well as unique services, with consideration to connectivity, interoperability, and performance quality assurance.
• Works with the HealthIT and Main Campus Information Security Offices, through best practices, enforce and maintain security standards compliance of patch management, and device hardening for servers.
• Capture and fully document system requirements, configurations, dependencies, and interconnectivity.
• Provide HealthIT Leadership with current technical documentation, User Guides, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), analytical reports, and updates on information technology service efforts for the organization.
• Adhere to and embrace organizational strategies around project and change management processes by serving in the Change Requester and Change Owner roles as needed.
• Upholds compliance with all applicable college, university, state, and federal policies, procedures, guidelines, regulations, and laws. Utilizes university/college service ticketing systems for incident tracking, request fulfillment, and provide effective communications and documentation for clients.
Outreach, Education, and Training:
• Provides guidance and training to clients and peers on functionality, standards, and usability of supported systems.
• Ensure open collaborative interactions between all IT units, COM/AHSC Departments, vendors, and health partners to ensure transparency and completeness in communications, building awareness and a sense of common purpose around Health and Information Technology.
Other duties as assigned:
• Contributes to the overall success of the College by performing all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• Job duties will apply to all areas of the COM, UCF Health, and Burnett Biomedical Sciences. There will be limited interaction with AHSC components and teaching hospital for the time being. The level of interaction and collaboration will change to encompass the AHSC and teaching hospital as the efforts toward establishing and building out the campus allow.
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of relevant experience; or High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 8 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
• Experience supporting a healthcare or medical school environment.
• Experience working with server operating systems (Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, etc.).
• Experience working with endpoint management and monitoring systems (SCCM/MECM, Intune, JAMF, AirWatch, SCOM, etc.).
• Experience working with IT Service Management systems (ServiceNow, etc.).
Additional Application Materials Required:
In addition to your application, please submit a resume.
Are Benefits Important to You?
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
Benefit packages, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program
Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
Retirement savings options
Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando attractions
Flexible work environment
And more…For more benefits information, go to the UCF Employee Benefits page click here.
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region's talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It's one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation's top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete, online programs leading to bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, Ph.D.'s., certificates, and more.
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF's expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
DepartmentCollege of Medicine (COM) - Health Information Technology - Operations
Work ScheduleMonday-Friday; 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Type of AppointmentRegular
Expected Salary$75,809.00 to Negotiable
Job Posting End Date
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf.
As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.