Volunteer Process Manager
- Jobs Partnership
- Winter Park, Florida
- Full benefits including 401k match
- May 19, 2023
- Jul 18, 2023
- Education / Training
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Career Level
The LifeWorks Volunteer Process leader supports the overall operations and success of the LifeWorks Program by engaging a volunteer workforce to teach, coach and host LifeWorks classes. The Volunteer leader oversees volunteer recruitment, training, management, supervision, and recognition. This position reports directly to the Director of Program Operations as part of the LifeWorks program team.
Volunteer Recruitment & Training
- Develop a recruitment strategy to engage a consistent pipeline of volunteers.
- Implement the volunteer strategy in cooperation with the JP Partnership team and Church Liaison to recruit LifeWorks volunteers.
- Develop a marketing strategy to recruit additional/supplemental volunteers from business and community partners.
- Design, develop, and deliver volunteer training content for coaches, team leaders, resume coaches and interview coaches.
- Develop and manage the plans for the training content/agenda, the schedule of training events and the logistics for the training
- Create and deliver site leadership training prior to initiation of classes.
- Coordinate scheduling for Lifeworks coaches, instructors, and mock interview volunteers.
- Develop and maintain instructor roster and teaching schedule.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of volunteer instructors.
- Schedule, orient and communicate process of resume appointments with resume development volunteers.
- Assign resume coaches to sites as needed.
- Communicate the process of interview night(s) with interview volunteers.
- Coordinate resources for coaches as needed to support individual participants.
- Correspond with instructors providing class resources, calendar invitations and scheduling.
Volunteer Communication and Retention
- Develop a communication plan utilizing multiple channels for all volunteers throughout the year.
- Develop ideas and execution of appropriate volunteer gifts, thank you notes and certificates of appreciation at graduation.
- Develop relationships with volunteers to ascertain and document their strengths, interests, and location preferences to help with matching volunteers to appropriate opportunities within JP.
- Develop new strategies for fully engaging or re-engaging volunteers from current or previous program cycles.
LifeWorks Program Support
- Support various JP events to recruit volunteers.
- Support volunteers at events and in LifeWorks classes.
- Support program team in special events such as Community Resource Fair, Career Fair, Graduation and Pathways to Success.
- Coordinate the Suited for Success event including volunteer support, participant communication, and managing logistics for the event.
- Strong interest in preparing people in under-resourced communities for life and work skills utilizing biblically-based principles, along with career planning and connections to resources and access to better job opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management; social work, mental health, sociology, psychology, or a related field preferred, but not required.
- Prefer at least two years of experience in volunteer management, recruitment, training, higher education, workforce development, sales, customer service, community development or other applicable experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and strong ability to build relationships/partnerships.
- Creative problem-solver with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to be prompt and professional in call return etiquette, email responsiveness, and social media awareness.
- Must be available at least one evening weekly during LifeWorks classes (currently 38 evenings per year) and available for JP evening events. This time will be flex- time during the work week.
- Exceptional program and project management skills including building systems and procedures for diverse stakeholders.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Nine Paid Holidays
- 401K with Matching Program
- Paid Time Off: 20 Days PTO/Calendar Year
- Flex Time for Salaried Positions
- Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount Program
- Professional Development Opportunities