Custom Millwork Fabricator
- JK2 Scenic
- Apopka, Florida
- $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- May 19, 2023
- Jul 18, 2023
- Construction, Manufacturing
- Facilities / Maintenance, Graphic Design / Art, Installation / Repair, Manufacturing, Skilled Labor Trades
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Building dreams is our passion. JK2 Scenic is a second-generation family-owned company that provides exceptional full-service theming contractor services for unique projects in the retail, theme park, entertainment, hospitality, and restaurant industries.
JK2 Scenic was established in 2008 and is a growing leader in millwork fabrication, and a qualified woman-owned business. Our team understands what is paramount for a successful project and builds with innovation and integrity. We not only assist our clients in creating artistic themed environments, but we professionally manage, budget, and schedule the process to ensure quality and cost control. That’s where you come in!
The Custom Millwork Fabricator executes day-to-day production activities within the Scenic Carpentry Shop through fabrication, safety, and quality control and receives production duties and direction from the Assistant Shop Manager. The position is responsible for making sure all carpentry and/or installation work is completed safely, efficiently, in a timely manner, and confirms the quality of the final product meets company standards.
We offer competitive Salaries, Health Insurance, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401k and Profit Sharing Plan.
- Fabricate first articles (prototypes), mock up and production components of complete complex millwork projects and display items.
- Study, understand and interpret sketches, blueprints, shop drawings, architectural drawings and verbal instructions to be able to fabricate or assemble a specific project or work order.
- Read and understand work orders to ensure that measurements, materials and processes are properly used in the fabrication process.
- Solve simple and complex mathematical and geometric problems such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and area.
- Ability to work with fractional inches and decimals.
- Must calculate simple and compound angles. Ability to convert from imperial to metric and back.
- Measure accurately using measuring tapes, calipers and other devices.
- Plan work in an organized fashion. Ensure that all materials and hardware items are received prior to starting work. Maintain an accurate inventory of all assigned materials, hardware and equipment.
- Exercise proper care and use of company equipment.
- Cleans and returns items to their assigned place. Maintain a clean, organized, efficient and safe work area.
- Work on projects of substantial variety and complexity, requiring considerable experience and judgement to plan and execute efficiently.
- Plan sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed. Match material for color and/or grain.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Trade school apprenticeship program that includes theory and on-the-job work. Technical Education or College preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a carpenter in a commercial, industrial, or facilities operations setting, including rough and finished carpentry and cabinet making
- 3+ years of millwork, installation (cabinets, doors/windows, molding, flooring), finished carpentry, remodeling/renovations experience.
- Well versed in modern manufacturing & production techniques such as a CNC wood router, beam saw, edge bander, joiners, panel saw, joiners, and shapers.
- Skilled craftsman who is familiar and can work with laminate, wood, and plastics to finish high and medium end custom cabinets.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to multi task, switch tasks quickly and efficiently as priorities change and to be able to work at speed under pressure when necessary
- Creative and theming project experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient in English
- Must have a clean driving record with a valid Florida Driver License and proof of insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
JK2 Core Values: Creative Minded, Solution Driven, Quality Focused and Respected Partners (Teamwork!).
Apply for Custom Millwork Fabricator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly