Fleet Service Coordinator
- Orange County Sheriff's Office
- Orlando, Florida
- May 19, 2023
- Jul 18, 2023
- Government, Security
Starting Salary: $36,878/yr or $38,001/yr with 3+ years of experience.
Coordinates the functions of the Fleet Service Desk. #oj
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card.
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
- No illegal drug usage within the past year. Other drug usage will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) AND two (2) years related experience and/or training.
- Must have valid Florida driver's license.
- Must attend and successfully complete the agency sponsored Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations (LEVO) Training if assignment includes driving agency vehicle. Use of agency vehicle would require appropriate driving history and passing agency biennial driver's physical exam.
- Ability to create updates, maintain, and close all work orders generated by Fleet Management. Verify the technicians have entered in the correct repair codes and all labor/parts listed match up with the repair codes. Sublet vendor invoices. Check and update vehicle mileage for accuracy and verify all preventative maintenance (PM) services.
- Ability to coordinate safety recalls by creating new repair codes, identify the associated paperwork and disburse the information to the agency.
- Ability to submit the necessary paperwork to General Motors (In-House Warranty) for reimbursement for all work performed.
- Ability to processes all Service Desk phone calls by answering questions, taking messages, and/or routing calls as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain the agency Vehicle Ready Line.
- Ability to coordinate with outside vendors on needed repairs and handle all vendor paperwork to include subletting invoices to the work orders.
- Ability to coordinate vehicle distribution, vehicle assignment and maintain vehicle logs.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to customers, vendors, and other agency employees.
- Must have basic computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to apply basic math skills to perform simple calculations.
- Must be able to present a positive image in person and over the phone.
- Must be able to carry out written and verbal instructions and deal with routine problems in standardized situations.
- Some positions, depending on the responsibilities, may require the candidate to successfully pass a physical or other selection processes when needed.
- Please upload a copy of your resume that is no longer than two (2) pages in length to your application
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, may use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Orange County Sheriff's Office may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.