Faculty - Visual Design (Associate Course Director)
Winter Park, Florida
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!Faculty in the Graphic Design and Digital Arts and Design BS programs assist student with translating abstract concepts into tangible visuals from print publishing to interface design. Skills designing with an eye for aesthetics through projects, critiques, and the study of popular culture are essential elements of this program. Faculty will demonstrate technical proficiency and creative development using real-world skills such as media integration, advertising, and branding. Associate Course Directors ensure excellence in teaching skills and classroom content. They support the Course Director's curriculum vision and direction and assist with lecture and administrative responsibilities as assigned. They ensure personal service to students and maintain continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan. Associate Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee lab specialists to ensure the integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years of related and verifiable work experience and required to hold a Master's or Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Illustration, Fine Art, Web Design, Digital Arts & Design, Motion Graphics, Multimedia, Emerging Media, Commercial Art, Advertising, Digital Media, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Experience with art direction, design theory print and front-end web design or UX, and Adobe Design software.
- Understanding of the professional graphic design workflow with experience in the design industry.
- Illustration, layout, and design utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with delivering physical and virtual training
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.