Parks and Natural Resources.Division Fiscal Coordinator.563
Division Fiscal Coordinator
(Parks and Natural Resources)
Pay Range: $19.89hr - $24.37hr.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (40 Hours/Week)
Location: 4177 Ben Durrance Road, Bartow FL 33830
Health Benefits Package, Including Paid Holidays
Must have the physical, developmental and metal ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
Responsible work coordinating all aspects of the division's fiscal management / accounting activities and functions, auditing, governmental tracking / accountability and Capital Improvement Program.
Will include many if not all of the following:
- Prepare, receive and review fiscal invoices, statements, and/or purchase orders, relative correspondence and reports for payment authorization and appropriate signatures.
- Prepare, review, verify and distribute fiscal matters / purchase orders within appropriate budget allocations.
- Audit program finances to ensure funds are properly expended and recorded in accordance with established county, state and federal policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines.
- Prepare, maintain and monitor grant and budgetary controls of allocated funds.
- Ensure that account balances are accurate, updated and sufficient for proposed expenditures prior to forwarding for approval.
- Requests purchase orders, prepayment vouchers, and invoices from other areas in the unit and/or County.
- Use independent judgment in placement of funds to specific account.
- Prepares monthly financial reports.
- Prepare annual report of receipts and vouchers for auditing supervisor.
- Design, develop and prepare accounting forms and documents necessary for the proper reporting and forwarding of financial data.
- Assist Information Technology in development of systems and procedures.
- Assists in training, as directed.
- Assumes lead worker responsibilities overseeing the work of others, as directed.
- Requisition all supplies for the Parks and Natural Resources administration office.
- Requisition all purchases for the Parks and Natural Resources Division, except Saddle Creek Maintenance office on the Oracle system.
- Receive all purchases on POs and process for payment, making sure monies are in the budget to pay invoices.
- Handle all purchases on standing POs and annual contracts.
- Process all vouchers for payment not on POs.
- Processes travel vouchers for payment.
- Process payment vouchers for the Library Cooperative.
- Receive all revenue from the Recreation Unit and process on DP forms to transfer to collections office in Finance and Accounting – Summer Recreation fees, league fees, and field rentals.
- Receive all revenue for park pavilion and campground rentals and process DP forms.
- Responsible for inventory and assignment of all receipt books at all locations for the collection of monies received by the Division.
- Process all Purchase Card logs and statements for signature by the Division Director and forwarding to Accounts Payable in a timely manner.
- Assign Fund, Cost Center and Account numbers to all purchases on Purchase Cards in Works software system and processes summary sheets.
- Posts all expenses on Purchase Cards into the Parks and Natural Resources' budget.
- Posts all invoices and voucher payments into the Parks and Natural Resources' budget from all locations.
- Copy and file all invoices and payments for the Parks and Natural Resources Division.
- Copy and file all vouchers for payment.
- Keep an up-to-date file on fixed assets and turn-in slips.
- Track all expenses for the150 Parks Maintenance Fund and records them into the Parks and Natural Resources Budget tracking system.
- Track all revenue for the Parks Impact Fees.
- Track all expenses for the CIP budget and keep a spreadsheet on each Cost Center.
- Track all revenue to the Parks and Natural Resources MSTU Fund.
- Assists in the preparation of all budgets for each unit in the Parks and Natural Resources Division and submit them to the Department Fiscal Manager.
- Processes Revenue and Expense reports for the Library Cooperative on Funds & Cost Centers on new Oracle E-Buss system.
- Tracks Community Investment Assistance Program awards projects.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and purchasing procedures.
- Knowledge of record keeping methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to make accurate mathematical calculations, maintain accounting records and prepare reports.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with the public and other employees.
- Ability to type, utilizing personal computers, related software and other office equipment of the assigned work unit.
- Knowledge of English, punctuation, spelling and arithmetic.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to prescribed routines and practices.
- Ability to develop effective work methods and procedures.
- Ability to prepare, draft, and compose routine documents including business letters, memoranda, and related program materials.
- Ability to oversee the work of others.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Able to utilize all features afforded by word processing software and other required software (i.e.: Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access) and personal computer equipment utilized by the assigned work unit.
Graduate of an accredited four (4) year college or university with course work in accounting, business administration, or related field and have a minimum of one (1) year of accounting governmental administrative accounting or related business administration experience.
Graduate of an accredited college or university with a two (2) year degree with course work in accounting, business administration, or related field and have a minimum of five (5) years of accounting governmental administrative accounting or related business administration experience.
At least (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
Must have a valid driver's license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver's license at the time of employment within this classification.
Prefer applicant possess experience with contract development monitoring and Consultant Service Agreement payment applications
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.
Apply for Parks and Natural Resources.Division Fiscal Coordinator.563
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly