Support Specialist - $1,000 Sign On Bonus
The Facilities Management Division is seeking a highly qualified Support Specialist for the Downtown District Maintenance office. The Support Specialist position provides administrative support and daily contract oversight of term contracts for janitorial, pest control, window cleaning, uniforms, shoes, etc. in the maintenance district. In return, we offer stability with excellent benefits, including membership in the State of Florida Retirement System.
Facilities Management Division prides itself on providing outstanding customer service through teamwork, innovation and the development of positive relationships with our customers and teammates. Our mission is to provide safe, sustainable, and well-maintained facilities and services through high standards of integrity, professionalism, and ethics.
We are committed to providing a work culture that emphasizes mutual respect, trust, career development, and a collaborative work environment that recognizes individual achievements.
- Provides administrative support and daily contract oversight of term contracts for janitorial, pest control, window cleaning, uniforms, shoes, etc.
- Performs Quality Assurance inspections of contracted services in West District buildings to ensure quality and completeness of tasks are performed as required by contract.
- Responds to customer complaints to resolve problems and issues with County vendors including but not limited to: janitorial, insect control, rodent control, high rise window cleaning, recycling, waste services, and employee uniform vendors.
- Assists with dispatching technicians for maintenance and emergency requests.
- Updates vendor information and maintains current contract pricing information.
- Assigns services for voice mail, call accounting, radios, and pagers.
- Maintains inventory records of the district.
- Obtains information from the customer in support of work order requests.
- Updates databases as needed.
- Provides management and customer reports.
- Performs customer follow-ups and processes customer feedback surveys.
- Provides daily administrative support of various term contracts.
- Attends contract meetings (Pre-Bid, Startup, Contract Review, etc.).
- Provides back up the Administrative Specialist.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent and three years’ experience in support of customers.
- Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- May be required to provide own transportation to perform work related duties.
- Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License by date of hire.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Maximo preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Employee Benefits
- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Retention Bonus based on years of service
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance offered
- Paid Training and Certifications
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FRS (Florida Retirement System)
- 457 Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off that Accrues with Years of Service
- Paid Holidays
Standard work hours are Monday thru Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Work hours may include, weekends, after-hours, and post hurricane response due to operational needs.
This position is subject to assignment at any Facilities Management location due to project, task, or operational requirements.