We are excited to announce our new competitive wage plan that starts at $15.00 per hour!
We are hiring for the West District! This includes one of the following schools; Dr. Phillips Elementary School, Sunset Park Elementary School and Bay Lake Elementary.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direct supervision of a group of children in a school program (grades K – 5th). Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall after school experience.
Discover your unlimited potential and be part of something BIGGER, at the Y!
Click below to view each location on a map:
- Take responsibility for the leadership and guidance of a group of participants.
- Acquaint children with rules, activities, daily scheduled, and traditions of the program.
- Take responsibility for the safety/welfare of each child.
- Remain in the immediate area assisting in supervision during all activities including aquatics.
- Assist with organizing, and implementing activity plans for special interest activities.
- Assist with assuring proper sign in/sign out procedures are followed.
- Establish positive relationship with each child.
- Communicate progress of child to immediate supervisor.
- Monitor the needs of all children; treats each child with respect, dignity and as an individual.
- Report any suspicions of child abuse to Supervisor as required by Florida State Law.
- The YMCA prohibits from taking photos or videos of participants in their care or in any Y program without the direct permission from the YMCA Association Office and parental consent.
- Follow medication and food allergy policy.
- Takes responsibility for all equipment and supplies used, helping maintain good working conditions, inventory and cleans-up after all activities.
- Assists in meeting and maintaining YMCA School Best Practices.
- Reports all accidents to the Supervisor, and properly completes proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Attends required staff meetings and training sessions.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of entire facility and report broken equipment and/or possible safety hazards.
- Participate in special events.
- Keep accurate attendance and headcount records.
- Report all hours worked accurately and in a timely manner to Supervisor.
- Remain up to date on emergency procedures, as well as Elementary Schools Program and Orange County Public Schools policies.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the school and YMCA facility area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college a plus.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in an after school setting or childcare center, preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be willing to travel within Central Florida. Must have a valid Florida driver license.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind.
- Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and children's well-being.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
Starting at $15.00 per hour