Director, Compensation & Classification
Unleash YOUR Potential With Us
As a next-generation public research institute, we are an inclusive community of thinkers, doers, creators, innovators, healers, and leaders striving to shape the future and solve the world's most challenging problems. No matter what your role is, when you join Knight Nation, you'll play an integral role in pushing us forward to become among the most impactful universities in the country. You'll be met with opportunities to connect and collaborate with uniquely talented faculty, staff, and students across 13 colleges and multiple campuses and regional locations. That means greater challenges to tackle, more meaningful opportunities to grow, and rewarding experiences that go beyond a paycheck. We're seeking qualified, motivated individuals who will help UCF fulfill its mission in unleashing the potential of every individual, enriching the human experience through inclusion, discovery, and innovation; and propelling broad-based prosperity for the many communities we serve.
HR is a trusted partner and catalyst in making UCF the best place to work and positively impact our community by working together to unleash the potential of everyone at UCF.
As a member of the HR Center of Expertise (COE) leadership team, the Director will lead the compensation and classification function with a strategic partnership approach, building and maintaining relationships across UCF. You will deliver effective compensation programs, policies, objectives, and initiatives, and provide creative solutions to complex issues and influence and advise on compensation philosophy, recommend industry best practices and rewards strategies. This role will lead and develop a high-performing team of diverse, professional, motivated, and engaged staff, creating a shared vision of excellence and superior customer service. Using strong technical subject matter expertise, you will establish and deliver results on SLAs and KPIs, projects/initiatives, and process improvements.
Business Title: Director, Compensation Strategy, Classification, & Analytics
- Partner with other HR SMEs and stakeholders on initiatives to attract and retain employees and help UCF become an employer of choice.
- Direct, develop, and manage the pay strategy, consulting, and analytics functions and processes within the COE, including all compensation, classification reviews, workforce planning, career paths/job level programs, and audit and analytical functions.
- Leverage knowledge of market conditions and competitive talent landscape to design tailored strategies for key talent segments.
- Present current and future state and path forward options, with an understanding of the budget climate, to allow stakeholders to make decisions on compensation programs.
- Ensure that all programs are compliant with applicable laws and regulations (equity plans, pay administration, FLSA, OFCCP).
- Bachelor's degree in business management or related field, along with a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience applying compensation and classification approaches and practices, OR in lieu of degree, a combination of relevant experience, education, and/or certifications with a minimum of 12 years of experience.
- A minimum of 3 years, preferably 5 years, of prior experience supervising a compensation team with a proven ability to oversee workload and lead, coach and motivate a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with HR technologies, including ERP systems, data analysis tools, and MS Office applications, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with base and variable pay options within a mid-sized to large organization.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), similar professional certification, or master's degree.
- Higher education experience or experience consulting on compensation matters in higher education environments, particularly as applied to an R1 institution.
- Experience working in a Workday ERP environment.
- Knowledge of project management practices.
Special Instructions to the Applicants:
- This position has the potential for a hybrid work schedule.
- The salary range for this position is competitive and will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications, experience, and education. We anticipate that a strong candidate can expect to earn between $120,000 and $160,000 annually. Salary is negotiable based on demonstrated skills and expertise.
Are Benefits Important to You?
Working at UCF has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
- Benefit packages, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending, and Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid holidays
- Retirement savings options
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando attractions
- Education assistance
- Flexible work environment
- And more…For more benefits information, go to the UCF Employee Benefits page click here.
Who Are We?
Founded in 1963 to fuel the region's talent pipeline and support the growing U.S. space program, UCF is built to make a better future for our students and society. It's one of the reasons U.S. News & World Report ranks UCF among the nation's top 20 most innovative colleges, while Forbes, Kiplinger, and The Princeton Review rank us a best-value university. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and a Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete, online programs leading to bachelor's degrees, master's degrees, Ph.D.'s., certificates, and more.
Unless explicitly stated on the job posting, it is UCF's expectation that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
This position has the potential for a hybrid work schedule.
Work ScheduleMonday - Friday; 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Type of AppointmentRegular
Expected Salary$104,664.00 to Negotiable
Job Posting End Date09-22-2023-12-00-AM
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf.
As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.