Orlando Health Medical Group is a comprehensive physician group serving patients from across the southeastern United States. With more than 200 practices and 1,200 physicians, Orlando Health Medical Group has a strong representation in over 55 specialties, including cardiology, vascular medicine, orthopedics, oncology, digestive health, neurology, neurosurgery, bariatric surgery, general surgery, bone marrow transplant and critical care
medicine, as well as more than 30 pediatric subspecialties, women's health, primary care and the largest hospitalist program in Florida.
Orlando Health Medical Group is part of the Orlando Health system of care, which includes award-winning hospitals and ERs, specialty institutes, urgent care centers, primary care practices and outpatient facilities that span Florida's east to west coasts and beyond. Collectively, our 27,000+ team members honor our over 100-year legacy by providing professional and compassionate care to the patients, families and communities we serve.
Orlando Health is committed to providing you with benefits that go beyond the expected, with career-growing FREE education programs and well-being services to support you and your family through every stage of life. We begin your benefits on day one and offer flexibility wherever possible, so that you can be present for your passions.
“Orlando Health Is Your Best Place to Work” is not just something we say, it's our promise to you.
The Certified Medical Assistant performs patient care under the direction of the physician and supervision of the lead nurse in an ambulatory care setting.
- Accountable to the Assistant Nurse Manager, Nursing Operations Manager, or Practice Manager for operational issues.
- Embraces and participates in quality initiatives, goal attainment, and clinical outcome process improvement activities
- Supports and demonstrates effective and professional communication with patients and family members
- Works collaboratively with the administrative and operations staff.
- Gathers patient data through interview and observation.
- Assists patients and families with preparation for examination.
- Assists the physician during examination and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by the practice.
- Provides routine treatments and administers approved medication types.
- Documents patient data, treatments, procedures, and patient education according to Orlando Health and department specific policies.
- Assists the physician by acting as a liaison on behalf of the patient to schedule, provide patient with scheduling information to obtain specialty testing, and/or specialty physician consultation.
- Processes incoming and outgoing calls in an independent and professional manner using sound clinical judgment.
- Adheres and assures compliance with Orlando Health and department specific policy, procedures, value statements and Commitment to Excellent standards.
- Consistently demonstrates personal and patient safety practices and adherence to infection control standards outlined in Orlando Health policies.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and have the ability to assess data appropriate to the age-specific needs of the patients on his or her assigned department and/or unit.
- Demonstrates awareness of medical/legal issues, patient rights and compliance with standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Practices the efficient use of supplies.
- Assists business office as needed with reception, scheduling, and discharge of patients.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant training from an approved technical school (or 5 years of verifiable applicable work experience in patient care setting)
- Maintains current BLS Healthcare Provider Certification – and-
- Maintains current certification by one of the following agencies:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) (www.aama-ntl.org)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologists (AMT) (www.amt1.com)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by National Healthcareer Association (NHA) (www.nhanow.com)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) (www.ncctinc.com)