PRN/Pool position. ~1 shift a week
Provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic sonographic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for
interpretation and/or intervention.
ORMCWith more than 200 practices and 1,200 physicians, Orlando Health Medical Group has a strong representation in over 55 specialties, including cardiology, vascular medicine, orthopedics, oncology, digestive health, neurology, neurosurgery, bariatric surgery, general surgery, bone marrow transplant and critical care medicine, as well as more than 30 pediatric subspecialties, women's health, primary care and the largest hospitalist program in Florida.Orlando Health Medical Group is part of the Orlando Health system of care, which includes 24 award-winning hospitals and ERs, 9 specialty institutes, 14 urgent care centers, 100+ primary care practices and more than 60 outpatient facilities that span Florida's east to west coasts and beyond.
Orlando Health is committed to providing you with benefits that go beyond the expected, with career-growing FREE education programs and well-being services to support you and your family through every stage of life. We begin your benefits on day one and offer flexibility wherever possible, so that you can be present for your passions. “Orlando Health Is Your Best Place to Work” is not just something we say, it's our promise to you.
• Works closely with Radiologist to perform diagnostic sonographic exams.
• Performs proper patient identification, acquires patient's clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented.
• Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
• Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is
• Comprehends and complies with Quality Control standards and participates in all Quality Control tasks.
• Administers medical aid as required for any emergency situation.
• Applies appropriate standard precautions and personal protective equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious
Associate's in applied science, and graduate of an accredited school of sonography and meets American Registry of Diagnostic
Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) eligibility guidelines.
• Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) registered through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical
• Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certificate.
Knowledge of routine ultrasound procedures which may include invasive procedures such as biopsies, amniocentesis, thoracentesis,
breast cyst aspiration, and breast localization, and knowledge of Doppler, 3D/4D, and pediatric sonography.