Orlando Health is a 3,200-bed system that includes 15 wholly-owned hospitals and emergency departments; rehabilitation services, cancer institutes, heart institutes, imaging and laboratory services, wound care centers, physician offices for adults and pediatrics, skilled nursing facilities, an in-patient behavioral health facility, home healthcare services in partnership with LHC Group, and urgent care centers in partnership with CareSpot Urgent Care. Nearly 4,200 physicians, representing more than 80 medical specialties and subspecialties have privileges across the Orlando Health system, which employs nearly 22,000 team members. Areas of clinical excellence are orthopedics, heart and vascular, cancer care, neurosciences, surgery, pediatric specialties, neonatology, women's health and trauma.
Seeking a passionate outpatient orthopedic and/ or sports physical therapist for a clinic associated with the Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute. The is a highly collaborative team that focus on interdisciplinary communication, patient outcomes, and patient experience. This is a PRN position
***This position is a PRN position***
• Evaluates patients, gathering data from the patient, the physician, interdisciplinary team meetings if available, family and significant other persons and data sources.
• Develops treatment plans which integrate with the continuum of care and have specific goals and objectives and treats accordingly.
• Demonstrates competency in the use, care and maintenance of profession specific equipment, observing safety precautions and providing verbal explanations of the equipment and its purpose.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to treat and provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned caseload.
• Re-evaluates and modifies treatment plan and goals when appropriate.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
• Assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
• Provides care as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her practicing location (s).Recognizes and communicates when the patient has received optimal benefit from physical therapy.
• Adheres to State Practice Act and Standards of Practice.
• Ensures complete documentation and accurate billing.
• Provides patient/family education as indicated.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
• Maintains a positive and encouraging treatment environment.
• Demonstrates caring, honesty, and open communication with all patients and coworkers.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Participates in Performance Improvement, program development, student supervision, assigned committees, safety, and infection control, as required.
• Demonstrates an awareness of legal issues, patient rights, and compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
• Practices efficient use and selection of supplies and equipment.
• Instructs and supervises supportive personnel in their duties.
Bachelor's degree from an approved program in physical therapy.
• Maintains current Physical Therapist license in the State of Florida.
• Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.