The nurse practitioner is an advanced practice registered nurse that helps with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations.
- Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of patients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies.
- Recognizes deviations from normal in the physical assessment; works collaboratively to formulate treatment plans.
- Implements appropriate management based on laboratory results, physical assessment, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, admission and discharge care in accordance with written practice protocols.
- Initiates appropriate actions to facilitate the implementation of therapeutic plans that are consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of patients.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients' rights.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves patient care issues to foster significant improvement in patient care.
- Dictates and documents an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains provision of preventive health services.
- Conducts or participates in daily multidisciplinary rounds.
- Performs detailed history and physical examinations and documents inpatient H&P and discharge summaries (Must be reviewed and countersigned by supervising medical staff memeber within 24 hours and may not be subsituted for physician H&P).
- Writes or dictates reports and progress notes appropriately in the medical record.
- Triages patients.
- Shares clinical expertise with professional and supportive personnel and collaborates with other healthcare disciplines to ensure continuity and quality of care.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Acts as a role model and resource person for staff.
- Participates in review and revision of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Establishes relationships with professionals of other health-related groups within the community.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication with diverse populations, including physicians, employees, patients, and families.
- MN or MSN or DNP or PhD or DNS degree in nursing required.
- ARNP license in the state of Florida.
- After July 1, 2006, licensure applicants are required to have national advanced certification from an approved nursing specialty board.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- 1+ years of experience as Nurse Practitioner