ROADS AND DRAINAGE SECRETARY III
FULL TIME REGULAR
Shift: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
Health Benefits Package, Including Paid Holidays
Must have the physical, developmental, and mental ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated. The job description herein provides for the range of duties to be performed for this position. It is not intended to reflect all duties that are required within this position.
Assist the Roads and Drainage management team in providing a wide range of administrative assignments such as reviewing/performing research and/or special studies, development of new, revised/modified program goals and objectives, procedures, practices, and conducting comprehensive analysis in comparing options. Plan, organize, and manage special projects as assigned by the Roadway Maintenance Manager and is responsible administratively for coordination of assigned work.
- Coordinates special projects/programs between and among divisions of county government and municipalities.
- Provides day to day support services for the Roads & Drainage Maintenance Manager and the Roadway Maintenance Section.
- Conducts research as directed by management.
- May act as liaison/HR Representative between Roadway Maintenance Section and Equity & Human Resources Division.
- Orchestrates scheduling for the Roadway Maintenance Section's events/meetings, open enrollment, etc.
- Distributes any communication intended for "All BOCC Employees" is available to Roadway Maintenance Section's employees who are without electronic access.
- Assists with termination packets for retirements & terminations.
- Coordinate with section management for the replacement of vacant positions (replace with same job title, replace with other, is reclassification necessary, is job description current & complete).
- May assist with Job Description changes, Job Reclassifications, etc. between the Roadway Maintenance Section, the Roads & Drainage Division Management, and the Equity & Human Resources Division.
- May collaborate with Job Requisitions for the Roadway Maintenance Section for the replacement of employees and ensures usage of correct position numbers.
- Verifies Roadway Maintenance Section's Position Control Report.
- Maintains the Roadway Maintenance Section's employee evaluation tracking.
- Assists with interviewing, hiring process with the Equity & Human Resources staff and the recruiting agency.
- Coordinates with the Commissioners' Executive Assistants and/or the Communications Division for the Recognition of Employee Service Awards.
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Knowledge and ability to perform basic research. Knowledge of various computer software applications, including word processing, spread sheets, database management and web-based applications. Ability to research, respond to and resolve complaints. Ability to evaluate, audit, deduce, and/or assess data and information using established criteria. Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to make mathematical computations and tabulations accurately and with reasonable speed. Ability to use independent judgment, analyze information and formulate recommendations. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, officials, business representatives and the public. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Ability to meet and deal courteously and effectively with other county employees, customers, and government officials. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma and have a minimum of three (3) years of clerical office experience. Must be able to utilize all features afforded by MS Office software, spreadsheets, and data management software.
Must possess a valid driver license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver license at the time of employment within this classification.
Prefer that the applicant have direct experience working with diverse groups of people, and responsible experience receiving and maintaining confidential and sensitive information, documents, and forms.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency bas been declared in Polk County.