Building Security Coordinator
Facilities Management is currently seeking well qualified candidate to fill the role of Building Security Coordinator. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the security guard services contract for multiple locations across Orange County. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of screening equipment and coordinating/performing vendor background checks. In return, we offer stability with excellent benefits, including membership in the State of Florida Retirement System
Facilities Management Division prides itself on providing outstanding customer service through teamwork, innovation, and the development of positive relationships with our customers and teammates. Our mission is to provide safe, sustainable, and well-maintained facilities and services through high standards of integrity, professionalism, and ethics.
We are committed to providing a work culture that emphasizes mutual respect, trust, career development, and a collaborative work environment that recognizes individual
- Responsible for daily contract oversight to ensure compliance with all specifications. Representative areas include but are not limited to licensing and post qualification requirements, proper staffing, training program, invoice processing, and contractor testing requirements.
- Tracks and follows up on security guard incident reports, the preparation of unsatisfactory reports and the related application of liquidated damages.
- Issues and tracks any County owned security equipment that is issued to the Contractor, reviews and approves Security Guard post orders, coordination and tracking of security contractor badge, network, email and security camera video access requests.
- Leads and provides input for recurring monthly security meetings with Security Guard Contract Representatives and key stake holders.
- Provides and recommends contract amendments.
- Arranges and oversees the purchase and servicing of security scanning equipment as needed.
- Performs and coordinates vendor security background clearances along with the associated maintenance of those clearance records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Public Administration, Criminal Justice or related degree and three (3) years of security/safety experience to include two (2) years of supervisory experience involving security, public safety, law enforcement, or transportation;
Associate's degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Public Administration, Criminal Justice or related degree and five (5) years of security/safety experience to include two (2) years of supervisory experience involving security, public safety, law enforcement, or transportation.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's license and possess a valid Florida Driver's License within six months of hire.
Must be able to work flexible hours as needed, including evenings and weekends.
Will be required to perform mandatory Emergency Standby Duty.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Access, Word and Excel.
Military, police, or commercial security background experience
Security best practices for public buildings including Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) concepts and security integration practices
Emergency response protocols including, but not limited to, active shooter response, bomb-threat management, and disaster preparedness
First aid, CPR, AED, and other emergency life-saving techniques
Training techniques and methods
Safe work practices and methods
Customer service principles
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Starts Day One Paid Licenses and Certifications Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance FRS (Florida Retirement System) 457 Retirement Savings Paid Time Off that Accrues with Years of Service Paid Holidays
All applicants selected for hire in the Administrative Services Department must successfully complete a Criminal History and Background check.
Standard work hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Work hours may include, weekends, after-hours, and post hurricane response due to operational needs.
This position is subject to assignment at any Facilities Management location due to project, task, or operational requirements.