Group Housing Specialist
Reunion Resort and Golf Club allows you to experience a Florida lifestyle like no other. Reunion Resort offers an endless array of features to explore including, three signature golf courses, a 5-acre water park with a lazy river, pickleball and tennis courts, 7 food and beverage outlets, bocce ball, mini golf, and fitness centers. The core of hospitality means serving others with genuine care; and we ensure that genuine care starts with each other.
Our passion is to serve! We lead the industry in service excellence with the firm belief that an environment of growth generates better business outcomes. We foster open communication and innovation as the cornerstone of our workplace while implementation cross-utilization, career growth, and on-the-job training as part of our business model for the best results possible.
Our Mission is to empower team members in delivering genuine, personal service providing a home away from home experience for resort guests and members alike.
Our Vision is to be Florida’s leading resort destination for exclusive golf, unique amenities and lifestyle experiences.
Reunion Resort and Golf Club offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance at 30 days of employment, 401K with employer match, PTO after 6 months of employment (FT employees), employee discounts and much more!
Job Title: Group Housing Specialist
Location: Kissimmee, FL
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Only candidates that meet the below qualifications will be considered
- All Group blocks to be built in all applicable reservation computer systems.
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, or email.
- Identify guest reservation needs, determine appropriate room type, and verify availability of room type and rate
- Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with appropriate individual or department
- Input group rooming lists using reservation systems, revise room blocks to maintain the required number of available rooms, and keep organized files of all groups
- Set-up proper routing instructions according to group and accounting policies.
- Oversee accuracy of room blocks and reservations
- Follow sales & revenue techniques to maximize revenue
- To maintain an effective and organized filing on all confirmed bookings
- Assist in managing the balancing of group blocks on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Training on, and booking transient reservations as required
- To co-operate with the other departments to ensure a harmonious working environment & maximize efficiency
- To initiate introductory calls during file turnover process
- Sends out rooming lists to clients both internal and external
- Respond to any challenges found for accommodating rooming requests by communicating with group contact, Reservations, Sales Department, or Front Desk
- Help manage accuracy of room blocks and transient reservations and routing
- Communicate with Leaders to resolve errors related to group market codes not matching in the PMS and all other systems
- Set-up proper billing accounts (e.g., share-with, room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing, and group bookings) according to accounting policies
- Proactive group block management
- Assist the reservation department by logging into the call queue when needed (NAVIS)
- Determine the guest’s needs and provide detailed hotel benefits and features on all call types
- Identify and resolve customer service issues. This requires using all resources provided as well as communicating with internal staff to insure that all guest issues are resolved or directed to the appropriate resource
- Participate in on-going training and stay abreast of updates related to various programs and processes, organizing and keeping all resources available for efficient reference
- Ability to meet sales and business objectives
- Adhere to Reunion Resort and Golf Club company procedures and policies
- Completing any other task/duties assigned
- Position requires flexibility in scheduling including weekends and holidays
- Must have attention to detail, strong ability to multi-task, and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide exceptional customer service in a fast pace environment
- Group Housing/Reservation experience of at least 2 years is required. Hospitality experience is a plus.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency on various reservations/computer systems is required.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to complete repetitive motions during shift.
- Be physically able to reach, bend, and stoop, and be able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 25 pounds.
Reunion Resort is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Reunion Resort & Golf Club and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.