Social Media Coordinator
Experience Kissimmee is recruiting a Social Media Coordinator. This position assists the Manager of Social Media with developing original social content that creates greater awareness of the destination, motivates intent to travel, and promotes the destination and its tourism industry partners through paid, owned, and earned channels. This position will also work alongside the Manager of Social Media in the sourcing, itinerary development, and recapping visits from local, domestic, and international content creators Experience Kissimmee hosts in the destination.
The social media coordinator will telecommute and work some days at Experience Kissimmee’s office in Celebration and some days from home. In addition, attending in-person meetings will be required at various locations throughout Kissimmee and Osceola County; therefore, candidates are expected to live in Central Florida. Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license and a clean 3-year motor vehicle report is required.
Below are some of the responsibilities of the position.
- Assist the Manager of Social Media and other teams in curating relevant social content to reach the company’s ideal audience, and assist in the management and creation of all social content (images, video, written, or otherwise).
- Assist with implementing new assets to social channels, ensuring all align with brand guidelines, campaign tactics, and established style guidelines.
- Assist with sourcing and requesting approval for user-generated content that encourages consumer appreciation for the destination and its tourism industry partners.
- Work with the Manager of Social Media to manage the content creator program. This includes seeking, vetting, and recommending content creators for the program as well as coordinating all the required paperwork, arranging support from local partners, and ensuring deliverables are met while the influencer is in the destination. Also included is the development of itineraries and reporting on the performance.
- Assist Social Media Team with creating and executing a regular social live streaming (Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, TikTok videos, etc.) as applicable to align with broader integrated marketing campaigns and goals.
- Assist Social Media Team with coordinating internal and external meetings and conference calls, and documentation and logistics for social media productions. This includes schedule and location coordination, distributing meeting requests, obtaining release paperwork, and scheduling equipment transportation. Act as a liaison between other EK departments and the Social Media Team to gather project requests, needs, and specifications, and coordinate these through the established departmental process.
- Assist the Manager of Social Media with record keeping in the CRM database. This includes data entry of industry partner in-kind support and notes regarding meetings/interactions into the CRM.
- Stay up to date on current and upcoming trends and innovations in the social media landscape, particularly in the tourism industry, and communicate these to management for consideration.
- Engage with audience via social listening including responding to comments and posts, engaging with audience and partners, performing sentiment analysis, and monitoring crises.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, digital media, advertising, or related fields.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in social media, communications, digital marketing, or content development.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, specifically Outlook, and PPT. Experience with Monday.com, project management software tools, UGC, and social media posting platforms.
- Experience with Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and X, Snapchat, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. Must have experience with posting and reporting.
- Experience working directly with content creators to negotiate and define and contract deliverables.
- Experience with editing videos for social media using tools like CapCut or similar.
- Effectively and efficiently manage priorities and follow established procedures.
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, organizational skills, both analytical and problem-solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents. Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Basic graphic design experience is a plus.