The position is responsible for communicating with member/visitors in a highly professional manner; retaining membership, answering the telephone, answering member questions, and various clerical tasks as assigned.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. We are the Y.
- Perform facility access control duties by checking in members and program participants entering the building. Ensure that membership card is presented or proper guest fee, if required, is paid.
- Conduct interviews/tours to promote membership.
- Assist members and customers courteously. Meet and greet members and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a representative of the YMCA.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Enter membership and program enrollment data into applicable technology systems/software, print receipts, and give receipts to members and program participants.
- Ensure the security of the association enforcing policy regarding visitors and maintains visitors log.
- Give membership and program information to walk in and phone in customers.
- Assist Membership Director and perform miscellaneous tasks as directed and required.
- Perform routine filing and posts all rosters.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance for self and facility.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- One year of YMCA experience preferred.
- One year of customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and data entry skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be willing to work an on-call schedule rotation as required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The physical activities of this position include: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motions. Talking is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, with or without correction.
- Required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- The employee must be able to perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity, along with the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned, preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer screen, extensive reading, or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Must possess auditory and verbal capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and employment verification. Some positions may additionally require a successful credit check screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.