If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Web Developer is part of a tight-knit team supporting the school's marketing initiatives. This position requires an emphasis on responsive/mobile-first practices and an understanding of accessibility, usability, information architecture, and animation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in daily stand ups and weekly/biweekly sprint reviews and demos
- Working closely with the team - designers, developers, project management, and producers
- Contributing to all aspects of the development process, including wireframes, comps, and prototypes
- Adhering to internal coding and documentation standards on shared code and projects, as well as best practice approaches to coding in general
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Understanding of W3C standards
- Utilizing critical-thinking and problem-solving skills while remaining professional and personable
- Exhibiting strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Communicating and multi-tasking effectively within a team-based environment
- Demonstrating the ability to self-start and a desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Responsive/mobile-first practices, including implementation and optimization of HiDPI/Retina graphics
- Implementing CSS3 animations
- Integrating markup into back-end web platforms; e.g. WordPress (We use Craft CMS)
- Linux command line
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's and/or Bachelor's degree, or equivalent practical experience required.
- At least 2 years experience at an agency or as part of in-house team
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Office and iWork
- Integrating markup into back-end web platforms; e.g. WordPress
- Linux command line
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.