If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure campus that fosters an optimal learning environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a deterrent to unsafe or poor behavior by patrolling the campus, monitoring student behavior, enforcing University policies, intervening in physical encounters, monitoring security cameras, monitoring visitors, reporting unsafe or unhealthy conditions, and assisting administrators and/or public officials with emergency or investigative situations
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls
- Completes appropriate incident reports when necessary
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company and personnel information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional manner
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of security experience or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must possess a valid Florida Security D license
- and a valid Florida Class D drivers license and maintain both during employment
- Must be able to pass a background check including criminal, credit, and driving history
- Certification in CPR & First Aid preferred
- Familiarity using software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with camera and access control software such as WinPak is a plus
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions; involves some exposure to hazards, physical risks, and unusual elements such as: extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move about campus; ascend/descend stairs, ramps, and occasionally ladders; run as needed; lift or carry up to 40 pounds; read, observe, and inspect security monitors; communicate with public and co-workers; and operate a motor vehicle. Employee must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, mandatory overtime, and extended hours when requested by management.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.